opinions

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
18dustin
1GN Registrant

opinions

Post by 18dustin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:46 pm

i know no one likes the whole body kit stuff but my dad bought it for me for a first car a few years ago and he's over the shock of me wanting to put new stuff on it. so im lookin for ideas/opinions on new stuff.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:33 pm

Simple is always best IMO, with the body kits and big wing looks like your trying to hard.
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

Bumpin
1GN Registrant

Post by Bumpin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:12 am

oh my god that thing is hideous. scrap it. thanks for the laughs though. that made my day LOL

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:17 am

Bumpin, no one gives a shit what you think. You're a lil' bitch. Everything makes your day.

MY Opinions, I like it besides 2 things. Exhaust & Spoiler. I lover the SRT-4 spoiler but not that one. I am not a fan of the Big coffee cans, but to each their own. I like that body kit.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

jamieely
1GN Registrant

Post by jamieely » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:28 am

I don't mine simple body kits. I like this one other than the fog lights, they look bad. With some better looking rims the car would look great. The exhaust is way too much, they don't need to stick out so much. I know people want to show off their bling but fart cans sticking out well past the bumper is horrible. The monster tach is also a bit ricey, it's not even in a good spot to be useful. It is too far out of the drivers line of vision to be seen without looking directly at it, unless you drive/race with a gangster lean where your body is in between the front seats. The emblem on the hood is a bit tacky, not sure what it is. The stock grille or no grille would look better. And that spoiler doesn't fit the car at all. And get some tinted or carbon fiber tails, chrome is ugly. Other than that it doesn't look too bad.
1995 Highline Coupe SOHC MTX.
DOHC Mopar PCM
e85, 30lb injectors, LM-1, SAFC
Custom CAI, 60mm MPx TB, AMM Box Intake, DOHC pistons, built4race UDP
PT Clutch, 3.94 FD
AF/X LTH, High Flow Cat, Spiral Flow, 2.5" piping, Flowmaster 80 series

P&P Magnum head, Crane springs, Crane 007, AEM 3-bolt cam gear almost ready to bolt on

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 am

Fix the gap with the bumper on the driver side, it only reinforces the "half ass ricer" look. Ditch the tach and the chrome door edge guards. Replacing those american racing wheels would be great.

But what I'm really worried about is the nitrous tank in the back seat. Hope you don't drive around with that thing full.
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07

Bumpin
1GN Registrant

Post by Bumpin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:52 am

BaLLisTiK wrote:Bumpin, no one gives a shit what you think. You're a lil' bitch. Everything makes your day.

MY Opinions, I like it besides 2 things. Exhaust & Spoiler. I lover the SRT-4 spoiler but not that one. I am not a fan of the Big coffee cans, but to each their own. I like that body kit.
dude you drive a yellow neon. you spray painted your hubcaps. and spray painted your hood. yours is about as hideous as this neon. your the little bitch lol. save your allowance and get a real paintjob and some real wheels

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:11 pm

Bumpin wrote:
BaLLisTiK wrote:Bumpin, no one gives a shit what you think. You're a lil' bitch. Everything makes your day.

dude you drive a yellow neon. you spray painted your hubcaps. and spray painted your hood. yours is about as hideous as this neon. your the little bitch lol. save your allowance and get a real paintjob and some real wheels
Listen here mama's girl, Like I said - NO ONE GIVES A SHIT about your opinions. Yeah, I had "spray painted hubcaps", they wer spray painted the same color in a darker shade, you drive a 00-03 Eclipse, get real. I'd rather drive my yellow neon with the Black viper hood and SPORT wheels, not hub caps, and no spoiler, than roll in your piece of shit 3rd gen eclipse. Why are you still on neon sites? You do drive an eclipse, right? GTFO. Like I said, over and over again, everyone has their own opinions, but you're just an uptight asshole who needs to change the tampon and stop criticizing other peoples shit especially when yours isn't much to brag about either.
So if you wanna keep talking shit, I'm all for it. Go back to my topic "BaLLisTiK's Pictures" so we don't ruin this guy's thread, which is what you seem to be good at.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

Bzevey
1GN Registrant

Post by Bzevey » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:15 pm

I would suggest take that spoiler off and put on a surfboard or just leave it off, next redo that terrible looking exhaust...it looks like shit...its a fact not a matter of opinion...next stock tail lights are more appealing on these cars(although I do like the looks of the ones that are like what are on the car now but have the top section tinted all red), next the vinyl has to go (which i along with others think it just makes a car look tacky) lastly DO NOT PAINT THE EFFING INT, I've been there turns out like shit!

Another note the center beauty bar looks better than what the mesh does...been there as well

WTF is the point of the massive tach when you already have one on the cluster...*facepalm dude, its not that hard to look down at the cluster if you are racing

besides that looks like a clean car

You asked for onions and suggestions, I will not play nice and try to please people (although if you listen you're better off in the long run) Good luck!

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:57 pm

metal_gear_jon wrote: But what I'm really worried about is the nitrous tank in the back seat. Hope you don't drive around with that thing full.
Lol he has some cd's and a baseball glove holding it up, so its prefectly fine.
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

18dustin
1GN Registrant

Post by 18dustin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:36 pm

hahah thanks for opinions guys. like i said my first car, my dad paid for it, so i didnt complain. and i wasnt all that crazy for it but its grown on me and i wanna do it up right. lol and the nitrous is perfectly fine its more or less to purge and show off than to actually run but i do use it occasionally.
and i raced a trans am a few weeks ago and the tach busted outa the dash when i launched so now theres a gaiping hole in it. choices for different exhaust? i love how it sounds with the big cams in it. it rumbles

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:54 pm

18dustin wrote: lol and the nitrous is perfectly fine its more or less to purge and show off than to actually run but i do use it occasionally.
That sounds ricerish to me.

But seriously, if you get into a really nasty accident and that flies around and cracks open, ka-boom! I remember a kid with an eclipse that used to have a bottle right where his center console would of been. He was a rolling explosion waiting to happen, not safe or smart.
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07

laneholt
1GN Registrant

Post by laneholt » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:28 pm

If it were my car I'd lose the side graphics, the Toyota Supra wing, and the dual fart cans.
There are a lot of good cross-flow mufflers available, I prefer the Flowmaster.
The original "surfboard" wing goes with the body style.
Diane Sox wrote:I don't know all the keys to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

1952 Chevrolet Sport Coupe
1998 Toyota Avalon XLS
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
2009 Dodge Avenger SXT

http://www.killermopars.com/index.html

Bzevey
1GN Registrant

Post by Bzevey » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:11 pm

Nitrous should NEVER be mounted in the cabin of the car, just get some longer lines in it and toss it in the trunk if you're gonna keep it. Otherwise you could sell it and make a good penny off of it. i believe for your exhaust question a SRT-4 rear end would look way better and clean setup than the dual cannons and prolly sound the same.

srt4eh
1GN Registrant

Post by srt4eh » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:55 pm

ditch the graphics, wing, fart cans, apc floor mats, nitrous in the cabin, rims and tach.

I've got a srt4 exhaust if you're interested
98 Neon R/T, 00 Neon, 06 Jeep GC SRT-8