A little color under the hood...

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
suave23
1GN Registrant

A little color under the hood...

Post by suave23 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:44 pm

Well, after being tired of the nasty looking stock valve cover, I decided to get a powdercoated one. I tried to do something I've never seen before, and with some help from the powdercoater, I got exactly what I was looking for.

Out with the old..

In with the new..

Hard to see the sparkle in it, night garage pics FTL. When I have a chance to clean the car up again I'll try to take some day shots that capture the sparkle in it. Here's one that the "unknown" powdercoater sent me before he mailed it out...

As you may have guessed, I got it from Unknown Coatings. The work is fantastic, the price was more than reasonable, and I had great customer service. I'd highly recommend him.

**Please keep all comments about the valve cover, not the creator.
2003 Cobra 10th Anniversary - CAI, MAF, Exhaust, Pulley, and tune

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Sexy
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

UnknownCoatings.com
1GN Registrant

Post by UnknownCoatings.com » Fri May 01, 2009 12:07 am

So wait, you got the part you ordered from me? Crap how the hell is my "scam" going to work now?

:scratch:
UnknownCoatings.com - Custom Powder Coating
801.803.1584 - Call or Text

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 am

I can't do it Shawn, I have to confess...

I never got my valve cover and was extremely pissed, until we struck a deal. These are just pictures that Shawn sent to me, installed on an SRT that he bought just to take these pictures with. This pictures combined with my enthusiasm will (hopefully) generate sales, making Shawn more money, while he sends nothing out. By helping him in said scam, I get a cut of the profit, but I also get stuck with my stock valve cover for life. I only confess here on 1gn.org because I care about you guys and don't want you getting hurt. If anybody on any other forum calls our bluff, I know exactly where the rat came from.

I feel much better now that I got that off of my chest, I hope you understand, Shawn.

:lol:

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 am

wow ummmm.....fucked up much fellas?
Got Neon?
Vinny wrote: This forum does still serve as a neons.org alternative for times when people get sick of the politics over there and/or want to say piss/fuck/cunt like an adult should be able to.

UnknownCoatings.com
1GN Registrant

Post by UnknownCoatings.com » Fri May 01, 2009 1:47 am

LOL everything is relative 99_fly_by

and yeah suave.......................its cool, the secret was bound to come out sometime!!!

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am

99_fly_by wrote:wow ummmm.....fucked up much fellas?
you sir, are unaware.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Fri May 01, 2009 10:49 am

no im aware of what has happened with unknown coatings. RTizzle never got his valve cover back hence the locked powdercoating thread with the edited title (Scammer: BEWARE) i was commenting that suave is fucked up for trying to promote an accused scammer. i only say accused for the fact that ive never done business with him but in light of previous events, i doubt i will be sending any of my parts out for "unknown" coatings
Got Neon?
Vinny wrote: This forum does still serve as a neons.org alternative for times when people get sick of the politics over there and/or want to say piss/fuck/cunt like an adult should be able to.

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Fri May 01, 2009 11:15 am

99_fly_by wrote:no im aware of what has happened with unknown coatings. RTizzle never got his valve cover back hence the locked powdercoating thread with the edited title (Scammer: BEWARE) i was commenting that suave is fucked up for trying to promote an accused scammer. i only say accused for the fact that ive never done business with him but in light of previous events, i doubt i will be sending any of my parts out for "unknown" coatings
the rtizzle thing is a little different. ALOT of people have done business with Shawn and had no problems. These discussions have been beaten to death. Theres probably an old thread on the darkside if you wanna read it.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

UnknownCoatings.com
1GN Registrant

Post by UnknownCoatings.com » Fri May 01, 2009 11:18 am

Yeah RTizzle typically fails to mention some pretty important details when calling me a scammer?

Why dont you ask RTizzle how much money he is out? Or how many parts he lost?

The short version, I contact RTizzle and asked if he wanted a cover done, he said yes. I said I would do one and send it and he could pay when he got it and was happy. I used one of my OWN valve cover cores, coated it and posted pics of it, done the exact way he wanted, and in a way that wouldnt necessarily by desired by other people. Anyways, pics were posted and the item sent. RTizzle said he never got it, I said well ok. I will coat another and send it, no biggy. Again, stating he didnt get it. Now, at this point what am I to do. I cant very well bitch at him and ask where the money is, right?

So in the end, I am out two valve covers, some powder and some time, and some shipping money.

RTizzle is out......................nothing.

At this point I would guess I am getting the short end of the stick right? Yet I am the scammer.

Go figure.
Last edited by UnknownCoatings.com on Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnknownCoatings.com
1GN Registrant

Post by UnknownCoatings.com » Fri May 01, 2009 11:21 am

ooops, Tyler owned me on the reply.

This is actually the second time I have done business with suave23, he bought a bunch of parts from me before he heard that I would steal everything but his girls dirty drawers.

Hell I havent even cashed the money order from suave yet. I am so desperate for money I have been working hard to scam people, and havent had time to cash the legitimate money I already had.

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Fri May 01, 2009 1:41 pm

99_fly_by wrote:no im aware of what has happened with unknown coatings. RTizzle never got his valve cover back hence the locked powdercoating thread with the edited title (Scammer: BEWARE) i was commenting that suave is fucked up for trying to promote an accused scammer. i only say accused for the fact that ive never done business with him but in light of previous events, i doubt i will be sending any of my parts out for "unknown" coatings

You said it yourself. You've never done business with him, so who are you to say that I, a SATISFIED customer twice, am fucked up for promoting his work. If you don't want to send your stuff to him, that's your choice, much like it is anybody elses choice with their parts, but don't call me fucked up for being happy with my business.

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Fri May 01, 2009 7:27 pm

my bad dude. no need to get heated. by the way u replied to your first post, i was under the impression that u got scammed or something. my apoligies
Got Neon?

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:35 pm

I'm not heated, just saying you can make your own opinion of him, even though you've never done business with him, just don't act like I'm scum for having a good opinion of Shawn and his work when I HAVE done business with him twice now.

Of all the forums I posted these pics on, this is the last one that I thought would turn into a thread like this...

domesticated
1GN Registrant

Post by domesticated » Sat May 02, 2009 3:35 am

how much for a shiny valve cover like that? all scammers aside of course
United We Stand. Anebriated We Fall.