The NYG...

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
petey wit neon
1GN Registrant

Post by petey wit neon » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:57 am

suave23 wrote:If you're serious about the green tint, you're opinion on anything will no longer matter to me, lol.

Even though I shouldn't, I'll put my .02 as well, since everybody else is.

The NYG, I have no problem with. As I said before, I would have done some things differently, but it's not bad. I have no problem with people writing on it with chalk, it's kind of a neat temporary thing, since you can do whatever you want on it and always be able to wash it off. The pink and black wheels don't bother me either, mainly because I know the driver has a vagina. Finally, I actually sort of dig the AAR stripe. Although it's not original by any means, I'm considering throwing some on my daily/winter beater 1st gen, if I can find one.

Your 2nd gen.....I hated it. A lot of people hated it. In my opinion, nothing flowed well. The pink spray canned interior accents were terrible looking (yes, even for a girl). The SRT rear didn't go with the rest of the car. The yellow tint was the most hideous looking tint that I have ever seen, it completely ruined the car by itself. I know there were other things about the car that I didn't like, but I haven't seen pictures of it before the wreck for a while, so I can't remember every detail of it.

As for your daily....be honest, you wouldn't have that car if it weren't for the lady in the Escape hitting you. I'm not saying in any way that you don't deserve it, I know that accident caused you a great deal of pain, but it bugs me when people seem to brag about a vehicle that they essentially inhereted (which you basically did through your insurance settlement, correct me if I'm wrong).

Finally, as for Tyler's car. I see it in person multiple times a week, and I can honestly say that it truly is one of the cleanest 1st gens I've seen. I saw the car when he first got it and it was completely bone stock, and I've helped him make it what it is now. It's certainly not in it's prime right now, but he still has many plans for it, and it's still uber clean. FWIW, he hasn't had SRT wheels on it for a long time, that pic in his sig is really old and he needs to update it. Still though, I will say without a doubt that his car is better looking than the NYG currently is, and better looking than the 2nd gen ever was (my opinion only).

What's with the whole "you're 19 and driving a Neon comment"? Are you saying he should have something nicer by age 19? He just graduated high school last year and is going to college, not a lot of cash flow in that time period of life. Besides, he's one of the younger guys on this board, so what age is it still acceptable to be driving a Neon?

I'm almost 22, and I still drive a Neon. In fact, I'm currently looking for a second Neon.

/my opinion
I can get you the same AAR stripe that is on hers, since I did help put it on and all when I owned it... Pop me a pm.

And I know you know how to install Tint, but if you want a hand, lmk girl. lol

Trinity
1GN Registrant

Post by Trinity » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:43 am

suave23 wrote:If you're serious about the green tint, you're opinion on anything will no longer matter to me, lol.

Even though I shouldn't, I'll put my .02 as well, since everybody else is.

The NYG, I have no problem with. As I said before, I would have done some things differently, but it's not bad. I have no problem with people writing on it with chalk, it's kind of a neat temporary thing, since you can do whatever you want on it and always be able to wash it off. The pink and black wheels don't bother me either, mainly because I know the driver has a vagina. Finally, I actually sort of dig the AAR stripe. Although it's not original by any means, I'm considering throwing some on my daily/winter beater 1st gen, if I can find one.

Your 2nd gen.....I hated it. A lot of people hated it. In my opinion, nothing flowed well. The pink spray canned interior accents were terrible looking (yes, even for a girl). The SRT rear didn't go with the rest of the car. The yellow tint was the most hideous looking tint that I have ever seen, it completely ruined the car by itself. I know there were other things about the car that I didn't like, but I haven't seen pictures of it before the wreck for a while, so I can't remember every detail of it.
the SRT rear was fine... iunno how you can say it didnt flow if youve only seen wreck pics soooo no shit it didnt flow, the front end was missing. lol
suave23 wrote: As for your daily....be honest, you wouldn't have that car if it weren't for the lady in the Escape hitting you. I'm not saying in any way that you don't deserve it, I know that accident caused you a great deal of pain, but it bugs me when people seem to brag about a vehicle that they essentially inhereted (which you basically did through your insurance settlement, correct me if I'm wrong).
you're incorrect... I am paying for the car. I am also still paying for some medical bills.. but those will be settled through insurance.

and it was a 16y/o in mommy's highlander btw lol
suave23 wrote: Finally, as for Tyler's car. I see it in person multiple times a week, and I can honestly say that it truly is one of the cleanest 1st gens I've seen. I saw the car when he first got it and it was completely bone stock, and I've helped him make it what it is now. It's certainly not in it's prime right now, but he still has many plans for it, and it's still uber clean. FWIW, he hasn't had SRT wheels on it for a long time, that pic in his sig is really old and he needs to update it. Still though, I will say without a doubt that his car is better looking than the NYG currently is, and better looking than the 2nd gen ever was (my opinion only).
i'm still not seeing how a pretty much stock 1gn is better considering its boring as hell... but then again.. yes it's just an opinion.

suave23 wrote: What's with the whole "you're 19 and driving a Neon comment"? Are you saying he should have something nicer by age 19? He just graduated high school last year and is going to college, not a lot of cash flow in that time period of life. Besides, he's one of the younger guys on this board, so what age is it still acceptable to be driving a Neon?

I'm almost 22, and I still drive a Neon. In fact, I'm currently looking for a second Neon.

/my opinion
his profile says he's 17 lol
I dont think a little 17 year old needs to be trying to say their NEON is better than someone elses neon. Specially a girls. I think it's kinda pathetic. I know guys that are in the mid to late 30s and I give them shit about it too! Tyler isnt any different.
I like em bright... like Skittles should be...
'95 Plymouth Neon Sport - NYG (on jackstands)
'03 Dodge Neon SXT - Solar Yellow (totaled)
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - Sunburst Orange (daily)

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 am

I said I haven't seen pictures of it before the wreck for a while, but I have seen them.

As for the daily, I stand corrected.

Tyler's car is in no way stock. Although it may not be apparent to some, he has changed the appearance of the car a lot since he got it. He has replaced a lot of things and put a lot of money into the exterior, it's just hard for some to tell because he kept it CLEAN. It was about as base model as it could be when he got it, now there's no way of telling that. Same goes for the interior, it's not super modified, but's it's clean as hell and the stuff he has changed has been for the better. Under the hood, at one time it had a nicely built SOHC in it (full bolt-ons, head, cam, AMM intake manifold, etc.), but now it's back to the SOHC with some basic bolt-ons due to the fact that he's planning on doing a 2.4 swap soon.

I don't know why his profile says he's 17, I know he's at least 19. That still doesn't explain what you said.
Trinity wrote:and you're still 19 and driving a neon.
That's not saying that he's young and shouldn't be saying that his Neon is better than somebody elses, especially a girl. That sounds like you're saying that by age 19 he should have something better. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but last year you were "still 19 and driving a neon".
2003 Cobra 10th Anniversary - CAI, MAF, Exhaust, Pulley, and tune

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:47 pm

no tylers profile says he is 19 mine says im 17.. i never stated that my neon was better. i did how ever state that tylers was better and that is all an opinion. i also stated that i hope you mod it tastefully and that i wish you luck with completing it.. then lownslow decided to call me out on my pos first car based on my garage which hadnt been updated since i joined the site. (its updated now :lol: )
and please quit using the girl card.. i dont have any sympathy for you just because your a girl..
Tyler isnt any different.
neither are you..
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Whats the big deal? Everyone has their own taste, let her do w/e the hell she wants to do. We are all on this site for one reason, because we like neons. So I dont see how someone can rip on somebody for driving a neon, regardless of age.

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:32 pm

I thought it looked good with the black top, hood and wheels. breaks up all that green :pukeright: .

and a select few members need to chill the fuck out, they hate on anyone who wants to be out of the box, look not every one wants to drive a car that looks stock or race it. and the ones that keep bitching about how much better their car is than this one or that one. you are the definition of a ricer because you can't stop running your mouth about how much better your car is than everyone else's. your project / ride is finished or further along than some who is just starting to dive into their project,

this will fall on deaf ears but just my .02
Last edited by vielecustoms on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trinity
1GN Registrant

Post by Trinity » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:31 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:no tylers profile says he is 19 mine says im 17.. i never stated that my neon was better. i did how ever state that tylers was better and that is all an opinion. i also stated that i hope you mod it tastefully and that i wish you luck with completing it.. then lownslow decided to call me out on my pos first car based on my garage which hadnt been updated since i joined the site. (its updated now :lol: )
and please quit using the girl card.. i dont have any sympathy for you just because your a girl..
Tyler isnt any different.
neither are you..
oh im sorry I used the "girl card" my bad.

I still think its elementary that guys have to pick on girls cars to boost themselves. And even if you dont think that is what you are doing, it's sure as hell what it looks like.

the only reason this all started is cause I DO NOT like some lil boy picking on my car which I am putting a HELL of a lot of work into. Instead of saying the usual "well I wouldnt of done that... maybe I would of done this.. but good luck with what you are doing", he claimed he could do a better job, that I should sell it to him, and that I was destroying the car.

He got the reaction he asked for by saying that.

but here... just so I can at least get a laugh out of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1WAwpUsxDo

AHAHHAHAHAHA omfg my bright green car got written on.... it's sooooooooooooo rice!

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:39 pm

fuck the haters. the car may look bad now, but it has potential. i know what its like to make do when the finances arent there.....

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
WTB in NW: Clean 1g Sedan

slow_95_neon
1GN Registrant

Post by slow_95_neon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:56 pm

i think everyone needs to drop this before this place turns into neons.org...who cares whos car is better... get over yourself. my car is half primered and i really dont care cause it runs like all hell...

just my 2 cents
'95 sport coupe , mtx swapped, full 2.5" exhaust, skunk2 megapower, MPx 60mm tb, msd wires, msd coil, prothane mm, boogers, fidanza short throw, MPx srt4 style shift knob, solid bobble and now with mopar performance pcm and rear strut bar, also just got some of them bent valves to make it sound like its cammed...

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:41 pm

thats what I've been trying to say..

petey wit neon
1GN Registrant

Post by petey wit neon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Sooooo back to the NYG. What's next on the agenda for it?

Trinity
1GN Registrant

Post by Trinity » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:47 pm

I think I need to go make another thread.... and just let this one die.

it's so FUBAR'd

boogerbaby
1GN Registrant

Post by boogerbaby » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:09 pm

where did you get the paint for the rim i like that green circle but not so much the pink, i like pink though contrasting with the green

here is what i tried doing to a lid thats brite green spraypaint msted on it whatcha think?
hello i'm on the intranet

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:18 pm

boogerbaby wrote:where did you get the paint for the rim i like that green circle but not so much the pink, i like pink though contrasting with the green

here is what i tried doing to a lid thats brite green spraypaint msted on it whatcha think?
sand it down and paint it all one color.. it will look alot better!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

petey wit neon
1GN Registrant

Post by petey wit neon » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:31 pm

boogerbaby wrote:where did you get the paint for the rim i like that green circle but not so much the pink, i like pink though contrasting with the green
Trinity wrote:
Ladi3sman55 wrote:whats with the 2 diff color lips? good progress tho! should look good when done!
one is green tape. the other is the actual painted ones...