The NYG...

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 am

Trinity wrote:
Tyler wrote:I just cant get by the fact that you destroyed and ruined a good NYG. Its still saveable, sell it to me and I'll show you how to take care of it and fix it back up.....
Are you fucking kidding me???

Do you know how much work I am putting into this car to save it from all the neglect from the past few years?? I am the one sanding things down... repainting.. replacing.. redoing. The whole front end isnt even original because of a stupid owner about 3 owners back. I am going to replace the hood and front bumper YET AGAIN... along with repainting the ENTIRE CAR. I am replacing brake lines... the whole suspension... ANYTHING that is rusted (which is everything) I am fixing/replacing to the best of my ability. How am I destroying it?? Cause I REALLY dont see it.

You have no reason to say that crap other than maybe you really wish you had a NYG or something.

Tyler wrote:
petey wit neon wrote:
Tyler wrote:I just cant get by the fact that you destroyed and ruined a good NYG. Its still saveable, sell it to me and I'll show you how to take care of it and fix it back up.....
She didn't destroy. She saved it from going to the wrecking yard.
It might as well be, it looks retarded is the epitomy of rice on this board.
pete is right. a previous owner of the car just wanted to scrap it... and now it wont go there because myself (and others) are willing to put in time and effort to keep the car moving.

I also fail to see the rice on this car seeing as how its BRIGHT FUCKING GREEN FROM THE FACTORY.

Hate on the 'ricer' exhaust if you want though... it's quiet.. stainless steel...

and you're still 19 and driving a neon.
:lol:

Thats the best you can do? Im 19 and have a neon, a nicer neon than you have or will ever have at 19. I would like to have an NYG, your right. But I sure as hell wouldnt take it somewhere and have people put graffiti all over the hood and trunk even if they are just flat blacked.

Pink and black wheels, are you kidding me??? I dont care if you are a chick, give me a break. If you just painted them black is id be cool. You used tape to finish the one stripe on the side of the car, why just not take it off all together instead of making it look cheap junk???

I understand you want to fix it up, and i aplaud you for that. But please do it right and dont half ass it. No guy would get away with all those things I pointed out on this forum or the .org....So your not any different to me, even though alot of guys here Im sure give you leway.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

Trinity
1GN Registrant

Post by Trinity » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:06 am

Tyler wrote:
Trinity wrote:
Are you fucking kidding me???

Do you know how much work I am putting into this car to save it from all the neglect from the past few years?? I am the one sanding things down... repainting.. replacing.. redoing. The whole front end isnt even original because of a stupid owner about 3 owners back. I am going to replace the hood and front bumper YET AGAIN... along with repainting the ENTIRE CAR. I am replacing brake lines... the whole suspension... ANYTHING that is rusted (which is everything) I am fixing/replacing to the best of my ability. How am I destroying it?? Cause I REALLY dont see it.

You have no reason to say that crap other than maybe you really wish you had a NYG or something.

Tyler wrote:
petey wit neon wrote:
She didn't destroy. She saved it from going to the wrecking yard.
It might as well be, it looks retarded is the epitomy of rice on this board.
pete is right. a previous owner of the car just wanted to scrap it... and now it wont go there because myself (and others) are willing to put in time and effort to keep the car moving.

I also fail to see the rice on this car seeing as how its BRIGHT FUCKING GREEN FROM THE FACTORY.

Hate on the 'ricer' exhaust if you want though... it's quiet.. stainless steel...

and you're still 19 and driving a neon.
:lol:

Thats the best you can do? Im 19 and have a neon, a nicer neon than you have or will ever have at 19. I would like to have an NYG, your right. But I sure as hell wouldnt take it somewhere and have people put graffiti all over the hood and trunk even if they are just flat blacked.

Pink and black wheels, are you kidding me??? I dont care if you are a chick, give me a break. If you just painted them black is id be cool. You used tape to finish the one stripe on the side of the car, why just not take it off all together instead of making it look cheap junk???

I understand you want to fix it up, and i aplaud you for that. But please do it right and dont half ass it. No guy would get away with all those things I pointed out on this forum or the .org....So your not any different to me, even though alot of guys here Im sure give you leway.

again... are you effin serious?? a nicer neon? it's a 1997.. my 2003 was nicer from the factory lol And probably still looked better wrecked. Do you even know whats in my driveway?? lol You cannot possibly think your lil neon is better. My car comes with a pussy magnet at least.

I didnt even put the cuda stripes on btw and the clear coat is making them come off. I just got the car back in dec and it was put on hold after the crash sooooo excuse me if I have not tended to all of its flaws all at once.

the car is cheap junk to begin with ok.. its a 1995 with a rust-tastic body... neons are cheap and a lot of the older ones are junk unless they were taken care of. This one wasnt.
I like em bright... like Skittles should be...
'95 Plymouth Neon Sport - NYG (on jackstands)
'03 Dodge Neon SXT - Solar Yellow (totaled)
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - Sunburst Orange (daily)

lownslow
1GN Registrant

Post by lownslow » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:17 am

booo trinity your car sucks just like your panasonic camera!!!

ooooooooooo burn!!!! o.O
-John

Trinity
1GN Registrant

Post by Trinity » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:19 am

lownslow wrote:booo trinity your car sucks just like your panasonic camera!!!

ooooooooooo burn!!!! o.O
mannnnnnnnnnnnn shut your canon ass. get back on 2gn loserface lol

lownslow
1GN Registrant

Post by lownslow » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:20 am

:(
-John

petey wit neon
1GN Registrant

Post by petey wit neon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:32 am

lownslow wrote:booo trinity your car sucks just like your panasonic camera!!!

ooooooooooo burn!!!! o.O
Excuse me little girl, are you lost? The 2gn site is over there :arrow:

:lol: Stick around, may learn something... Ok so I made that last part up...

lownslow
1GN Registrant

Post by lownslow » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:36 am

Oh snap....this isn't 2gn.org?

My mistake... my mistake :D
-John

Trinity
1GN Registrant

Post by Trinity » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:20 am

no this is neons.org.. can you tell from the lil boy arguing with me? lol

lownslow
1GN Registrant

Post by lownslow » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Almost feels like it....
-John

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:44 pm

well just my 2 cents but i like tylers car a million times better than your 2gn and your nyg.. and would have to agree you have some ricer mods but im giving you some slack since your 2gn is wrecked and your just doing them to get by (i hope).. o and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont put any ugly ass tint on this car too.. i'll wait until the final product before i say i dislike the car tho.. good luck finishing it and i just hope you do it tastefully!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Whats wrong with pink and black wheels? I think its looks pretty badass for a chicks car. I have ALWAYS wanted a pink evo, does that make me gay? Anyways good luck with the NYG

lownslow
1GN Registrant

Post by lownslow » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:well just my 2 cents but i like tylers car a million times better than your 2gn and your nyg.. and would have to agree you have some ricer mods but im giving you some slack since your 2gn is wrecked and your just doing them to get by (i hope).. o and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont put any ugly ass tint on this car too.. i'll wait until the final product before i say i dislike the car tho.. good luck finishing it and i just hope you do it tastefully!
I am probably going to open a can of worms with this one... but a bone stock Red 1st Gen with fkn SRT-4 wheels... is not clean by any means.

In fact, I think SRT-4 wheels look HORRIBLE on a 1st gen... like the worst wheels you could get. I'd rather roll on some 100 spoke vato wheels....

i is serious....

Oh and on another note...
3.0l cai, rims, tails, clear corners, muffler, eclipse fuel door, and an atx shift knob
its got a system in it too. i cant keep up to date on it enough tho.
That is from your garage...

Your opinion no longer matters....
-John

Trinity
1GN Registrant

Post by Trinity » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:well just my 2 cents but i like tylers car a million times better than your 2gn and your nyg.. and would have to agree you have some ricer mods but im giving you some slack since your 2gn is wrecked and your just doing them to get by (i hope).. o and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont put any ugly ass tint on this car too.. i'll wait until the final product before i say i dislike the car tho.. good luck finishing it and i just hope you do it tastefully!
LOL his car is no where near as awesome as my 2gn was and or this car is/will be.

you know why? cause no one gives a shit about his.

Anyways, would someone seriously please point out the rice on the 1gn NYG though? Seriously.. other than my rust free exhaust im not really seeing it. NYGs are technically rice from the factory. Look at the paint.
What I am waiting to hear is someone like you or tyler saying their neon is better than my current daily. I'll probably pass out from laughing so hard if either of you even think that.

it's gonna be a rally car eventually.. I am just having fun with it and SOMEONE had to freak out cause I painted the non-original hood with chalkboard paint. OMFG alert the rice police!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silly little skittle boys. lol

(p.s. I think i'm gonna order green tint next week)

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:28 am

lownslow wrote:
I am probably going to open a can of worms with this one... but a bone stock Red 1st Gen with fkn SRT-4 wheels... is not clean by any means.

In fact, I think SRT-4 wheels look HORRIBLE on a 1st gen... like the worst wheels you could get. I'd rather roll on some 100 spoke vato wheels....

i is serious....

Oh and on another note...
3.0l cai, rims, tails, clear corners, muffler, eclipse fuel door, and an atx shift knob
its got a system in it too. i cant keep up to date on it enough tho.
That is from your garage...

Your opinion no longer matters....
that was my first car go look at my project log.. i havent updated my garage for a long time. my new 1gn is a plat 2dr 5spd that is going to get a fresh 2.4 turbo in it.. its got a few exterior mods too but nothing of bad taste (stealth depo's and a led 3rd brake light o and some super light 14' rims) and idk maybe its just me but im still wondering why the fuck your even here.. you dont even own a 1gn and never have.. your presense* here is useless.. o and tylers red 1gn looks amazing with the srt4 wheels idk wtf your talking about.. and he is still in the process of getting a 2.4 turbo put together.. if your going to try and bash either of us atleast know wtf your talking about man..
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:28 am

If you're serious about the green tint, you're opinion on anything will no longer matter to me, lol.

Even though I shouldn't, I'll put my .02 as well, since everybody else is.

The NYG, I have no problem with. As I said before, I would have done some things differently, but it's not bad. I have no problem with people writing on it with chalk, it's kind of a neat temporary thing, since you can do whatever you want on it and always be able to wash it off. The pink and black wheels don't bother me either, mainly because I know the driver has a vagina. Finally, I actually sort of dig the AAR stripe. Although it's not original by any means, I'm considering throwing some on my daily/winter beater 1st gen, if I can find one.

Your 2nd gen.....I hated it. A lot of people hated it. In my opinion, nothing flowed well. The pink spray canned interior accents were terrible looking (yes, even for a girl). The SRT rear didn't go with the rest of the car. The yellow tint was the most hideous looking tint that I have ever seen, it completely ruined the car by itself. I know there were other things about the car that I didn't like, but I haven't seen pictures of it before the wreck for a while, so I can't remember every detail of it.

As for your daily....be honest, you wouldn't have that car if it weren't for the lady in the Escape hitting you. I'm not saying in any way that you don't deserve it, I know that accident caused you a great deal of pain, but it bugs me when people seem to brag about a vehicle that they essentially inhereted (which you basically did through your insurance settlement, correct me if I'm wrong).

Finally, as for Tyler's car. I see it in person multiple times a week, and I can honestly say that it truly is one of the cleanest 1st gens I've seen. I saw the car when he first got it and it was completely bone stock, and I've helped him make it what it is now. It's certainly not in it's prime right now, but he still has many plans for it, and it's still uber clean. FWIW, he hasn't had SRT wheels on it for a long time, that pic in his sig is really old and he needs to update it. Still though, I will say without a doubt that his car is better looking than the NYG currently is, and better looking than the 2nd gen ever was (my opinion only).

What's with the whole "you're 19 and driving a Neon comment"? Are you saying he should have something nicer by age 19? He just graduated high school last year and is going to college, not a lot of cash flow in that time period of life. Besides, he's one of the younger guys on this board, so what age is it still acceptable to be driving a Neon?

I'm almost 22, and I still drive a Neon. In fact, I'm currently looking for a second Neon.

/my opinion
2003 Cobra 10th Anniversary - CAI, MAF, Exhaust, Pulley, and tune