95 Base - *Dyno'd 12/22* (with vids)

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
XCLR8TN
1GN Registrant

lol more updates

Post by XCLR8TN » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Winter wheels and Blizzaks courtesy of a Miata owner in Mentor :twisted:

and dyno vids yaaaay! I love the way the iceman sounds :shock: :shock:

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/0 ... oFrnt2.flv

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/0 ... noRear.flv
fusion210: Everytime I ride in a car you're driving I try to make it the last time. D:

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Thise wheels dont look bad at all. They almost match the color of the car.

XCLR8TN
1GN Registrant

Post by XCLR8TN » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:51 pm

mahifish wrote:Thise wheels dont look bad at all. They almost match the color of the car.
The base model bumpers? Yeah. They aren't too bad looking... I don't think.

This wheel/tire combo weighs a crapload more than the falkens and light miata wheels I had on there before. Braking is totally different and not in a good way lol :?
fusion210: Everytime I ride in a car you're driving I try to make it the last time. D:

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:14 pm

XCLR8TN wrote:
mahifish wrote:Thise wheels dont look bad at all. They almost match the color of the car.
The base model bumpers? Yeah. They aren't too bad looking... I don't think.

This wheel/tire combo weighs a crapload more than the falkens and light miata wheels I had on there before. Braking is totally different and not in a good way lol :?
well the base bumpers, and if you look closely the wheels almost have a bluish tint to them

XCLR8TN
1GN Registrant

Post by XCLR8TN » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:49 pm

mahifish wrote:well the base bumpers, and if you look closely the wheels almost have a bluish tint to them
That's more than likely the camera... I took the pics with my new Samsung picture phone. It was raining out, so I probably should have messed with the white balance some. They're really a straight gunmetal color, no blue

wickedgoodneon
1GN Registrant

Post by wickedgoodneon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:51 pm

I love the 4 lug gray bumper neons. My buddy Doug has one and he's at 135 hp 126 tq. He got a fully done head, srt cat back, 2gn exhaust mani, 3.0 cai w/ stock filter box, mopar pcm, and a few other goodies. Its untuned .

XCLR8TN
1GN Registrant

Post by XCLR8TN » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:58 am

wickedgoodneon wrote:I love the 4 lug gray bumper neons. My buddy Doug has one and he's at 135 hp 126 tq. He got a fully done head, srt cat back, 2gn exhaust mani, 3.0 cai w/ stock filter box, mopar pcm, and a few other goodies. Its untuned .
So unassuming aren't they? I just sold my mag head that I was going to swap into it. I bought a 2.4 with a blown headgasket so I'm hoping to go turbo with it :D

What are the few other goodies you speak of? Throttle body? UDP?
Just trying to gauge... since I'm still on the stock SOHC head and exhaust (but with a borla muff).. and stock ECU untuned.

All I know is, most of the people who pick on me on the highway are usually in my range. Tiburons love to pick fights for some reason, and a guy in a new mazda 6 found out we were about the same quickness... at least until 118 mph :lol:

I'm hoping to take some more weight out and can't wait to take these heavy wheels with snow tires off :twisted:

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:58 pm

How do you hold up against the tiburons? Im assuming your talking about the GT's? (6 cylinder)

XCLR8TN
1GN Registrant

Post by XCLR8TN » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:03 pm

mahifish wrote:How do you hold up against the tiburons? Im assuming your talking about the GT's? (6 cylinder)
The first one I raced was a GT and I was literally about a foot off his rear bumper at the top of 4th and slowly gaining, but that could have been drafting lol. I think I fell out of my powerband right before I shifted to 5th, then I couldn't catch him again. That was with the real light miata wheels and falken 195s.

The other day another tibby decided since I passed him doing 80 (my cruise speed haha) that he wanted to race. I had my heavy wheels and snow tires on with a passenger and it definitely was not as close as before. I could barely keep up (4th/5th).

I also played with a new R32 who I'd say just about raped me. Snows + passenger again. He had a good 10-15 car lengths by the time I got into 5th.

I'll try and think what else I can compare my car to, aka who else wanted to race a neon that looks stock haha.

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:14 pm

My gf has a tib and she has been talking smack about the neon until the other day. I had her by a car up to 90 and I saw she was creeping on me so I let off. lol If I would of let her pass me I would of never heard then end of itl

XCLR8TN
1GN Registrant

Post by XCLR8TN » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:12 pm

haha ANOTHER tibby wanted a piece. i got video of 4th but it so bad out i was hesitant to continue. ill try and upload it later

XCLR8TN
1GN Registrant

Post by XCLR8TN » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Alright. Here you go. It was a 4th gear pull, with a lil bit of 5th... little to no warning so he sort of had a headstart. He was off and on, slowing down and speeding up so... kinda difficult.

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:53 pm

looking good so far!
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

XCLR8TN
1GN Registrant

Post by XCLR8TN » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Tyler wrote:looking good so far!

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:42 pm

The more I look at your car the more I really like that color. I definately like the Miata rims more than the winter ones but that's probably because they look more "unassuming" than the winter ones. Definately good work and keep it up.