drifting.. lucky?

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

drifting.. lucky?

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:29 pm

dont "drift" on wet dirt roads.. its dangerous :lol:

that is my front bumper.. my license plate holder came off

haha our jerry rigged wire.. thats right electrical wire :lol:

bit of a dent :D that is b4 i popped it out.. i will get a pic of that tomorrow

license plate stuck in the mud lol

mud stuck up under my side skirt

all in all i had a good time and not very much damage so im not to mad.. kinda freakin out b4 i realized my neon is beast and didnt have much damage :D i love my tough lil neon!!

so anyways here is the story:
i was drifting around all day on cement and decided to mess around on some muddy dirt roads.. first turn i take on the dirt road i was doing fine on the 90 degree turn until the exit.. i was going to far to the inside so i turn away some more (bad idea) i over corrected and slide about 15-20 ft into the ditch :(... i waited about 45 min for my buddy with a durrango to come and pull me out.. all he had was some thick ass wire from his garage so we tied her up and pulled her out :D i have a new love for my neon now!!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

shaneb
1GN Registrant

Post by shaneb » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:38 pm

exactly how much power do you have in your neon to be doing a drift on cement or pavement, or was it wet pavement.

is the neon atx or mtx

Peace

Shane
The more you love you car...
The more attractive it becomes...

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:40 pm

it was wet lol and its atx.. e-brake drifting FTW! lol
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

shaneb
1GN Registrant

Post by shaneb » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:50 pm

ah, ok, I know when i had my 2k i could usually only drift on wet roads with the ebrake. :D

but cool nun the less :D
The more you love you car...
The more attractive it becomes...

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:19 pm

yeah.. i was pretty mad to begin with tho.. i thought it was going to be A LOT worse!!
The definition of a NEON

Fraz
1GN Registrant

Post by Fraz » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:01 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:it was wet lol and its atx.. e-brake drifting FTW! lol
Lmao same here man. Although I am kinda scared to do it now after I was 'drifting' and I spun out like 360 degrees and almost hit a light pole lol. Scary shit, good thing your car is okay.

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:41 pm

So by "drifting" you're referring to drifting off the road ... right?

If only i could somehow get the video clip off of my phone of going 45 around an almost 90 degree turn lol ... that was fun!

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:38 pm

well i was mainly doing it behind a strip mall in their giant parking lot in the back that is used for loading trucks or w/e so it wasnt hurting anyone..
and i have definitally had my share of going 45+ around 90 degree turns lol..
ive done plenty of 180's too
The definition of a NEON

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:41 pm

bumper is all better :D
The definition of a NEON

monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant

Post by monkeyman9630 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:34 pm

lol i did this awesome powerslide around a 90* corner once! the inside of the corner also dipped a little and i had the perfect line of out side of beginnin road, inside to the clippin point where my tires slid thru the dip slightly, and then back to the out side where my rear passenger tire went slightly off the road, killer!

...did one i wasnt to proud of too. i was in a 4 lane road turnin onto another 4 laner that went uphill. after showin my friend next to me in his accord how fast i was i started a slide from the farthest outside lane to slide thru and into the road i was headin to before i even reached the road, it was awesome line! then as i reach the road, a eclipse in the inside lane pulled up!!! well i was already in motion...so my years of "practice"/goofin off came into affect immediatly! i quickly saw that if i didnt constantly work my line, angle, and speed i would kiss bumpers and rip them off and maybe carry the ecpilse to the curb with me! well i had fun playin with the throttle, steerin wheel angle, and the ebrake kept movin up and down tons! wow...well i did it! i literally missed the car by inches! i have 2 witnesses, the accord and a friend in the passenger seat. i ended up missin the bumper and slidin right up beside the car and just kept on truckin out of there tryin not to freak out about my luck and immense stupidity...lets just say i have not done anythin like that since then, only empty parkin lots!
-Lugo-

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:33 am

haha ive done that a couple times but with curbs and not eclipses.. u get that rush like holy shit i got close to fuckin my car up lol its all worth it in the end tho
The definition of a NEON

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:11 pm

so how would i do this tight power slide?
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:44 pm

drifting a front wheel drive car... :roll:

And you guys complain about street racers
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:18 am

haha i dont complain about street racers at all.. others do..

and it is easy to do you just go into a corner and pull the e brade.. it will take a couple of tries to get the timing down and if you have drum rear brakes then it will seem like it doesnt work if you dont pull it hard and fast.. good luck :lol:
The definition of a NEON

Fraz
1GN Registrant

Post by Fraz » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:18 pm

It also works better if your power steering is good. Not sure how well it would turn out if you didn't have it. By the way, if you get fast food trays from say mcdonalds....drive on them with your back 2 tires and yank the ebrake up and just floor it.....thats fun too :D Oh I can't wait for winter....