Autocross alignment setup?

For discussion specific to Solo, RallyCross, track events and other forms of racing.
MikeBard
1GN n00b

Autocross alignment setup?

Post by MikeBard » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 am

Basically what the title says. I have access whenever I want to a nice fancy digital alignment machine. So what would you suggest for an auto-x alignment set up as far as camber and toe goes? This is also a temporary daily for me when the SRT is down (which seems to be often as of late) so I cant get too crazy with the setup either. Thanks in advance..

Oh and I'm on Koni yellows with Mopar autocross springs (thats what the previous owner calls them), and rota slipstreams with 205/50/15 tires. Stock ACR swaybars and I will be adding poly bushings to everything. (ACR if that makes a diff)
Last edited by MikeBard on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
97 ACR 13.7@97
03 SRT4 13.1@107

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:03 am

i've heard of alot of guys going with "ACR spec" alignments. but i dont know how much of a difference that is.

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
WTB in NW: Clean 1g Sedan

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:48 pm

I try to run as much negative camber as possible. With Koni yellows, I can only get about -1.5 degrees. A little bit of toe-out in the rear seems to make turn-in quite easy.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

MikeBard
1GN n00b

Post by MikeBard » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:12 am

DOHCRT wrote:I try to run as much negative camber as possible. With Koni yellows, I can only get about -1.5 degrees. A little bit of toe-out in the rear seems to make turn-in quite easy.
Is that front and back on the camber to the same spec, or should one be more than the other? Also same with toe, any idea how many tenths of a degree in the back? I usually put a very very slight toe out on my cars in the front when I align them to help keep them tracking straighter. (crowned roads ftl)
97 ACR 13.7@97
03 SRT4 13.1@107

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:18 pm

Run as much camber as the srtuts will allow. Doesn't really matter if front and rear are different at this level. I think I have mine at -1.5 in front and -1.2 in the rear. If you want to correct for road-crown, you should probably use camber. Car will pull to the side with the most positive camber. I don't correct for road-crown. Toe settings will also depend on what bushings you have in the suspension.

You may want to poke into the autocross forum on neons.org. There are a lot of people in there that autocross regularly.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log