Carpet?

For discussion specific to Solo, RallyCross, track events and other forms of racing.
vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Carpet?

Post by vielecustoms » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:40 pm

so If I rip out the carpet would that put me in a different class? car has been sitting a while and I took a peek the other day and the carpet had beautiful green spots on the passenger front floor and behind the front seats and of course the trunk. that were growing quite lovely. :lol: I am allergic to mold so debating to toss the carpet unless I find A good way to clean it.
Last edited by vielecustoms on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 am

no, that wouldn't put you in another class unless your club is full of purist douches

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:24 am

not really, we pretty much have two classes stock and modified. and everyone is laid back.

JaxMadine
1GN Registrant

Post by JaxMadine » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Are you running scca? cuz if you do that and then start beating everyone, then they will protest.

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:57 pm

JaxMadine wrote:Are you running scca? cuz if you do that and then start beating everyone, then they will protest.
carpet weighs like 10 lbs, if someone wants to complain, ask them why they took their spare out, cause technically the only mods allowed in stock class are roll cages, seats, belts

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:21 pm

scca yes but like I said they're pretty small like 40 cars, I'd be running with everything from an old rabbit to Sti's and evo's. theres a viper there as well but he's like the slowest :lol: way to much car for the tiny courses they set up.
Last edited by vielecustoms on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

JaxMadine
1GN Registrant

Post by JaxMadine » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:31 pm

again, unless taking it out makes you so much faster that you start beating everyone in your class, I doubt anyone will complain, specially since you have a good reason to rip it out.

bone-yard-racing
1GN Registrant

Post by bone-yard-racing » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:27 pm

BlueR/T wrote:
JaxMadine wrote:Are you running scca? cuz if you do that and then start beating everyone, then they will protest.
carpet weighs like 10 lbs, if someone wants to complain, ask them why they took their spare out, cause technically the only mods allowed in stock class are roll cages, seats, belts
Not exactly, at the auto-x level cat-backs, dampers, and front sways are open. For road racing IIRC you must take any fire items out the carpet could be concidered a fire item. For auto-x the carpet is concidered part of the interior and that puts you into street mod where you will not be competitive at least not at a national level.
1996 Dodge Neon sdn: Eugene ACR clone magnifyed... Blown up waiting on a 2.4
1995 Plymouth Sport sdn: Harold DOHC swap FSP/TTE/PTE #327
2004 neon R/T: Bolt on DD

www.boneyardracing.com

JaxMadine
1GN Registrant

Post by JaxMadine » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:21 pm

in scca taking the carpet out puts you in prepaired. Street mod has to have full interior unless stated in the rules.

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:56 pm

yeah but DSP sucks balls if your anywhere near stock, if your gonna remove your carpet for safety reasons, they can't really complain,

removing your carpet will only take off maybe .2 seconds of your lap time

and if you do get bumped up to DSP from GS, then get a set of lowering springs, and 17" rims w/ a good tire (parada II's or azenzi's are preferred)

you will still be within reg's but you will walk all over everyone else in DSP (unless the rules have changed since the last time i raced)

bone-yard-racing
1GN Registrant

Post by bone-yard-racing » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:38 pm

^They have no carpet puts you into prepared not SP, if you wind up in prepared just pray its all you can do.
You can run cheater slicks in SP and frankly you need a built to the letter of the law neon to even be anywhere near the BMWs that dominate the class. Next year we will be in FSP and this is great in our local club because their are 4 guys, myself comming up from STS, Alan's ITA car, Mark's SP car and, Jim is going to replace the GTA with a neon its going to be a fun year :D
1996 Dodge Neon sdn: Eugene ACR clone magnifyed... Blown up waiting on a 2.4
1995 Plymouth Sport sdn: Harold DOHC swap FSP/TTE/PTE #327
2004 neon R/T: Bolt on DD

www.boneyardracing.com