Neon vs cobalt Who will win?

Have a good kill against someone on the street or did you lose horribly, tell us about it here. <B>1GN.org DOES NOT promote street racing!</B>

99 mtx Neon vs. 2.4 mtx Cobalt

Poll ended at Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:01 am

Neon
54%
Cobalt
46%

Total votes: 13

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:57 am

NeonBLK wrote:but I'm not talking about atx vs. mtx I'm talking about manual vs. manual, thats why it comes to the driver, The driver of the cobalt has to make a mistake to lose
I don't really know how fast a cobalt SS is, since we don't have them here :(

But I have raced cars wich 100% sure are faster than my Neon, and I still have won. The guy behind the wheel wasn't a good driver I guess.
Love Redline Shifting......

SloUSDM20
1GN Registrant

Post by SloUSDM20 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:07 pm

i raced an NA 2.4L SS and I was on the winning and losing end.

Cobalt SS-exhaust and injectors, maybe some other shit but whatever

Neon SOHC-Crane #12, and every other bolt-on done to a neon w/ fucked up timing, bad plug and wires...

Cobalt wins at 2 lengths from a roll and about 1-1 1/2 length from a dig.

Neon SOHC-Crane #12, and every other bolt-on done to a neon w/ fixed timing(adv. 2*) and a fresh tune-up

Cobalt SS- same shit as before...

Me by 1-2 lengths from a roll and me again about 3-4 lengths from a dig w/ the exception of him missing 3rd gear like twice. After that, he threatened to sell his car. lol.
[One of 1gn.org's first 50] Member #41
2.4L DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Crower Stg 3 Cams, Crower Valvesprings, and more...

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:55 am

I would sell it if I was him :)

Neon Rulez :lol:
Love Redline Shifting......

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:28 pm

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD
2.4L Turbo Project Neon Soon Under Way

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:55 pm

have to join to read it

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:05 pm

CALLOUT: Idiablo233
Him:
cmon noob...lets do it. ill short shift and beat you. im sorry but your 135hp neon is not fast..its not cool. thats not drifting that is e-brake sliding. i can do that too. FWD cars do not drift..im sorry. oh BTW..i like the bleecher you have for a wing.

Someguy:ahahahaha
WOWwww
yeah neons are slow.
i use ot shit on them at lancaster in my stock grandam 2.4

Someguy 2:ive seen this car around
it looks like ebay threw up on a neon.

Someguy 3:I actually miss my neon r/t that car was a shit load of 12sec fun lol. but this car needs to DIAF! Should be an easy kill if its a stock 5spd sohc, but if its a modded dohc you might get surprised... mine with i/h/e/tb/udp/mopar ecu/ran mid-high 14's then the 100shot helped out a little and made the car really fun!

^^^^(ATLEAST SOMEONE ON THERE KNOWS NEONS)

Me:itll happen soon.please quote me on what i know everything off?I wanted to run you that one night but you decided to be a little bitch about it.I might win I might lose but I'm not gunna sit here and talk shit.
And sorry to everyone who like plain older boring stock cars I like modified looking cars its my opinion and you can't sit here and make fun of me like little 14 yr old girls but its not gunna make me change my car.

_________________thats basically it theres was a bunch of dumbass talking people in all the other posting.

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:10 pm

he tells me his car is bone stock 141HP version,now my friend tells me he has mods and is almost as fast as his GTI,nice they have to lie to get wins out.

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:18 pm

i hate to be the guy that says not to bring drama from other threads here but thats what im doing.. just say they were talking shit and leave it at that.. sorry i felt like it wasnt needed over here.. im done bitching now..
go race him and show him what a mother fucking neon can do!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

NeonBLK
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonBLK » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:32 pm

afireinside4848 wrote:CALLOUT: Idiablo233
Him:
cmon noob...lets do it. ill short shift and beat you. im sorry but your 135hp neon is not fast..its not cool. thats not drifting that is e-brake sliding. i can do that too. FWD cars do not drift..im sorry. oh BTW..i like the bleecher you have for a wing.

Someguy:ahahahaha
WOWwww
yeah neons are slow.
i use ot shit on them at lancaster in my stock grandam 2.4

Someguy 2:ive seen this car around
it looks like ebay threw up on a neon.

Someguy 3:I actually miss my neon r/t that car was a shit load of 12sec fun lol. but this car needs to DIAF! Should be an easy kill if its a stock 5spd sohc, but if its a modded dohc you might get surprised... mine with i/h/e/tb/udp/mopar ecu/ran mid-high 14's then the 100shot helped out a little and made the car really fun!

^^^^(ATLEAST SOMEONE ON THERE KNOWS NEONS)

Me:itll happen soon.please quote me on what i know everything off?I wanted to run you that one night but you decided to be a little bitch about it.I might win I might lose but I'm not gunna sit here and talk shit.
And sorry to everyone who like plain older boring stock cars I like modified looking cars its my opinion and you can't sit here and make fun of me like little 14 yr old girls but its not gunna make me change my car.

_________________thats basically it theres was a bunch of dumbass talking people in all the other posting.
where did this come from :?

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:34 pm

nyspeed.com its a western new york forum so its alot f people that live near me.

So now I hear he has a supercharger.He went from saying it was nonsuper to super just so he could get me to race and try to act like beating a stock sohc neon is big.

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD

ubengineering
1GN Registrant

Post by ubengineering » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:09 pm

you cant call out ppl on that site man, they really eat you alive, you gotta build street credential first, theyre really critical on that stuff
My Fleet:
95 neon sohc atx daily driver during summer
96 neon sohc mtx hahn stage 5 night rider
94 plymouth sundance aka black betty beater
Kawasaki ninja 600cc

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:24 pm

i wouldve never said nothing to him if he and his friend wouldve told me that the car was supercharged instead of saying it was stock.

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD

wickedgoodneon
1GN Registrant

Post by wickedgoodneon » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:12 pm

:tard::blob1::blob2::blob3::blob4::blob5::blob6::blob7::blob8:

wickedgoodneon
1GN Registrant

Post by wickedgoodneon » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:12 pm

:tard::blob2::blob3::blob4::blob5::blob6::blob7::blob8:

ubengineering
1GN Registrant

Post by ubengineering » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:20 pm

well idk if u guys are still racing, but i love my neon as m,uch as the next guy but youre basically racing a stratus motor with 25 more horse and torque, even if he weighs 500 pounds more than you hes still gonna win, im sure an r/t would pull on it tho, but the sohc aint gonna cut it
My Fleet:
95 neon sohc atx daily driver during summer
96 neon sohc mtx hahn stage 5 night rider
94 plymouth sundance aka black betty beater
Kawasaki ninja 600cc