Import Wars, less than a month away! GLD in Milwaukee area.

Questions how to improve your 1/8, 1/4, or 60' times or maybe you just want to share you times, post it here.
chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Import Wars, less than a month away! GLD in Milwaukee area.

Post by chipdogg » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:41 pm

Finally posted the rules too:

http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/index ... importwars

2008 GLD IMPORT WARS SERIES

ATTENTION RACERS ! ! ! New Class Designations and some New Classes for the IMPORT WARS POINTS SERIES. We have broken the classes down to Dial-in Bracket classes and Heads Up Pro Tree Classes

Bracket Classes
Super Street 15.00 and slower (same as D class) 400# series
Super Mod 13.00 to 14.99 (in place of B & C) 600# series
Super Quick 12.99 and quicker (same as Quick8/16) 800#series
All dial-in classes start with "super" and have even #'s to start the class series. And Dial-In there own times. Breakout disqualification. SUPER QUICK class is an unlimited qualified field; however you must run qualifying to be put on the eliminations ladder. Class run on Sportsman Ladder! If you not not make a qualifying run during the sessions you are disqualified.
SUPER STREET & SUPER MOD Entry Fee $45
Winner $200 - Runner Up $100 - Semi Finalist $50
SUPER QUICK Entry Fee $65 - Must have min. of 8 entries for full payout
Winner $350 - Runner up $150 - Semi Finalist $50

Heads Up Classes
Pro FWD (New Class Rules listed below) 500# series
Pro Outlaw (same as Frantic7/ Import Challenge) 700# series

PRO FWD Rules
Designated for all sport compact front wheel drive vehicles only. Heads up - Pro Tree - 1 power adder only - No motor limitations - No wheelie bars! - No tire limitation - Must meet all NHRA Safety rules for the ET you run. Unlimited field, however you must run qualifying to be put on the eliminations ladder. Class run on Sportsman Ladder! If you not not make a qualifying run during the sessions you are disqualified. The rules are subject to change. We may define things better and modify rules as needed Entry Fee $65 min 8cars needed for payout
Winner $350 - Runner up $150 - Semi Finalist $50

PRO OUTLAW Rules
Designated for all sport compact door car vehicles only. Heads up - Pro Tree - No motor limitations - No eight cylinders - No power adder limitations - Must meet all NHRA Safety rules for the ET you run. Unlimited field, however you must run qualifying to be put on the eliminations ladder. Class run on Sportsman Ladder! If you not not make a qualifying run during the sessions you are disqualified. The rules are subject to change. We may define things better and modify rules as needed Entry $65
Guaranteed $1000 to WIN !! Runner up $200

NOTE: YOUR NUMBER WILL BE ASSIGNED AT THE FRONT GATE ONCE YOU ENTER AND PAY INTO A CLASS. THEN FOR THE REMAINDER RACES YOU MUST GIVE THEM YOUR ASSIGNED NUMBER WHEN YOU ENTER A CLASS AT THE FRONT GATE. Remember- Be Patient and Come Earlier! Your tech-in process and front gate process will take a bit longer than normal for the first time. But in the long run it will be faster. The first time you tech-in you can be teched in for the year. Then each race afterwards you will still need to check-in with your tech card at tech so you can be arm banded in.

Points will be awarded as follows:
Attendance 10 pts - You must stage during 1st rd to receive these points. 10 pts will be awarded for every round you win!
Points will be awarded to driver. You cannot Substitute drivers during the season.
Current Points sheets will be posted 3-4 days after the race in the Red Barn.

We have 2 Volunteers who will be assisting in helping answer questions at the track. Prescott Phillips ( The Underdog Green Drag Beetle) will help with Pro Classes.
Jacob Bierer ( The Orange Grand Am) will help the the Super Classes Classes.

Top 5 Finalists for each category will receive Trophies and be invited to GLD's Year End Banquet Held in February of 2009.

Good Luck ! ! !
'97 black ACR coupe- #3 - Scrappy
'96 black coupe- #4
'97 magenta coupe- #10 - 13.379 @ 101.07 mph
'04 SXT mtx - #45 - GF's DD
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'98 Intense Blue R/T - #49
'04 SRT-4 - #50
'99 Intense Blue R/T - #51

52 and counting, when will it stop?

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:38 am

Hell yeah, I'll be there. I am not sure if I'll be running though. We should meet up Chip....What are you going to be running there?

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:53 pm

Hopefully my ACR. Still gotta get it out of the barn :lol:

Shouldn't take more than 4 days to put it all together working non-stop I'd think. Then 2-3 days to break in motor, then a day to wire up MS, and then some tuning. As long as I get it out by next weekend I should be good to go.
'96 black coupe- #4
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'04 SRT-4 - #50

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:51 am

It's tomorrow! We'll be bringing to Neons on spray here, a 2.4 and the NYG. None of mine are coming, woulda been the purple one anyways.
'96 black coupe- #4
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'04 SRT-4 - #50