Sound system setup and more

Questions about Amps, headunits, speakers, subs, ect... Anything to do with audio, those questions all go here.
Mariuslk
1GN n00b

Sound system setup and more

Post by Mariuslk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi!

I'm currently looking into getting new front speakers for my 1 gen neon. I've already installed a new head unit, a Kenwood KIV-700, which sounds good... Except for the left mid bass speaker which is blown.

So I'm going to upgrade the mid/bass and the tweeter. I know that the best option is to install a good component set, but installing a couple coaxials would be a lot easier. Are there any coaxial speakers that would do a decent job? Im looking into 200-300$ speakers.

If I'm gonna have to go with a component set, where is the best place to put the crossovers? What size speakers would fit right into the doors?

I'm definitely not going to spend a whole lot of money on woofers, amps, alternators and so on. A pretty good and easy-to-install setup is what I'm looking for :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:41 pm

I currently have Pioneer 2-ways in the doors... They sound great off the head unit. 180W max, 30 RMS or something like that.

I would rather have Rockford Fosgate speakers though.

Your question is going to get a lot of opinionated answers.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

Mariuslk
1GN n00b

Post by Mariuslk » Tue May 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Thank you!
How do you think the Pioneers sound compared to the stock speakers? Do you happen to remember what model they are?
I've read that the doors are really shallow, so I guess not all 6.5's fit in there.

Rockford has some shallow full-range speakers, the T1S652. I'm going to look into those.

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Wed May 04, 2011 12:38 am

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... /TS-G1643R
These are the ones I have, the exact ones.

These are the exact 6x9's I have as well. I bought them used for like $40
http://www.audiopipe.com/products/coaxi ... -6930.html
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

ricker91878
1GN Registrant

Post by ricker91878 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:11 pm

if your going for inexspensive the pioneers will do fine, but if you can afford it some polk kappa's will have excellent sound quality. Only thing is you will more than likely want to get a 4 channel amp to push either pair cause usually the head unit never gives you the loudness that you want.
99 2 dr R/T DOHC coupe, all the bells and whistles...