How to Remove rear 6/9 speakers from shelf

Questions about Amps, headunits, speakers, subs, ect... Anything to do with audio, those questions all go here.
cudahy
1GN Registrant

How to Remove rear 6/9 speakers from shelf

Post by cudahy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:22 pm

i have been thinking about replacing my stock 6/9 speakers in my car but between work and every thing i havint had time to get a good look at what has to happen to get them out so if any one has any experince in doing this help me out

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:45 pm

pretty simple..
take a flat head to the plastic piece where the seat belt goes into and pop it off.. (should come off real easy) then there are some screws on the bottom of the seat (easiest to get at in the trunk) should be 6 of them.. anyways then you can lift the back of the seat up and off.. then lift up on the foam/carpet stuff and there should be a few clips.. unclip them.. (they shouldnt break so you can reuse them) then there are 4 screws holding each speaker in.. and i think you should have it from here.. if you want you can cut a hole in the foam/carpet and have the 6x9's come through.. i can get a picture of them if you want.. i can also get pics of some of the stuff im talking about if you need it (such as where the screws/clips are..) just lmk..
hope this helps!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:07 am

exactly as above. real easy I didn't take the back seat off but it would have made things easier. (didn't have the tools at the time)

cudahy
1GN Registrant

Post by cudahy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 am

if you could post some pics on where the clips and screws are that would help a lot thanks

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:11 pm

clips are a piece of cake and you can find them on your own very easily.. (or in better words.. im lazy and its hard to take pictures with a giant box in your trunk.. :D )
lol anyways here are where the bolts are..

pop that off

couple bolts..

couple more bolts..

the bolts are along the bottom of the seats and are only visable when folded down

the whole top part that goes around the part that folds down is what your taking off

a pic of my work :D

looks so clean! :D
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:12 pm

haha this should count as a how to! wheres my 1gn.org sticker!! lol jk
gl with the install!!
The definition of a NEON