will this work?

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
farmboy
1GN Registrant

will this work?

Post by farmboy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:29 pm

So I'm going to be doing a full SRT swap into a 1GN coupe once i finish gathering all the final parts I need and I have a question that I'm hoping someone on here may be able to answer. Since I am going to be installing a full SRT dash into the car as well as the engine and full front to back harness, I have the opportunity to grab an SRT steering column with the skim key and skim mod as well as the 05 PCM. My question is "does anyone know if the SRT steering column will fit with the 1GN rack?" Since it's going to be an SRT dash, all the mounting points under the dash will work, my concern is where the column and rack mate up. Any input?

srt4eh
1GN Registrant

Post by srt4eh » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:33 pm

I believe it will....I planned on using a srt column in my 1gn swap
98 Neon R/T, 00 Neon, 06 Jeep GC SRT-8

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:54 pm

theres a guy on here that did the same type of swap you have in mind, most of it goes right in. a few things had to be "massaged" in but from the posts he did it didnt seam like such an impossible undertaking. good luck on it and let us know.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

farmboy
1GN Registrant

Post by farmboy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm reading that it will fit but that it'd need to be extended approximately 1.8" to mate with the steering rack. i've been told it will be simpler to remove everything from the srt column and install it all onto the spare 1gn column I have so that the column is long enough yet all the required parts are there for the srt wiring in the dash to plug into.