Dash removal

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Dash removal

Post by Ianguilly » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Ok so i'm planning on taking my whole dash out... and i've taken almost completly apart before, but i'm going to gut the interior. When i put it back i just want to make sure everything will work the same as before i took it apart. So i know guys have done this before so will any thing major be screwed up or ruined if i do it?
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

carboneon
1GN Registrant

Post by carboneon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 pm

this isnt a fun task u have to first remove all of the dash panels that u can obviously see. thats easy but when u get down the the "skeleton" of the dash that holds all the outter panels heres where things get fun.u might as well at this point remove the steering columb,speedo,center console, radio,and possably the driver or passanger seat. all of the wiring that runs to the modules by the ebrake and run to the fuse box and wires by the passanger side door must be unpluged and re routed threw the dash so that there on the very top. find the screws than the skeleton will come off.now u should have the crash bar infront of u. there are 3 or 4 bolts on the passenger side and 2 or 3 on the drivers side but look around theres also a few ground wires connected to it! once removed i just pushed the passanger side out and didnt bother messing with the fuse panel and headlamp wires as they run around it. once u have made it this far u can get at the heater core and blower motor boxs. i after being aggrivated brought out the "bfh" and just smashed them out because hell i wasnt gunna use them again! lol! once u get the housings out just reverse these steps but they are much much easier to go back together now with the huge amount of room u will have under it . total time to take a dash out should be around 2 hours or so and another 25 minutes to put it together again. only problem u will run into is there will be a few holes in your firewall ur gunna have to close up . the drain hole works nice tho to run nitrous lines theres and valve cover grommets from chevy small blocks valve covers fit perfect.

have fun.........carboneon

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 am

Thanks just what i wanted to know
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.