Page 1 of 1

Any tricks to line up hood?

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:49 pm
by 99dohcneon
My hood is pretty off centered any tricks to line it up?

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:37 pm
by jrumann59
IS a custom piece like CF or FG if so loosen tighten and hope for the best.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:28 pm
by 99dohcneon
jrumann59 wrote:IS a custom piece like CF or FG if so loosen tighten and hope for the best.
stock. I dunno how the hell it got so crooked

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:19 pm
by jrumann59
Have you tried regular wood shims.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:16 am
by 99dohcneon
jrumann59 wrote:Have you tried regular wood shims.
Its crooked left and right not up and down

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:43 pm
by NinjaneonTurtle
If its just misaligned you can try to loosen the bolts to where they're snug then shove the hood over top the left/right with some elbow grease, tighten them back up. If you go too far then repeat the step.

Otherwise pics would help to see what's effed up.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:11 pm
by 99dohcneon
NinjaneonTurtle wrote:If its just misaligned you can try to loosen the bolts to where they're snug then shove the hood over top the left/right with some elbow grease, tighten them back up. If you go too far then repeat the step.

Otherwise pics would help to see what's effed up.
Its just barley off not bad. not as bad as it was its hard to get lined up perfect

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:42 pm
by NinjaneonTurtle
Yeah you're never gonna get it perfecto being that neons didn't even come perfect from the factory. So with that being said any improvement would just be considered "better than stock" :D

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:47 pm
by Lackof
i'm perfect and my neon came perfect ;)

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:06 pm
by NinjaneonTurtle
Skill wrote:i'm perfect and my neon came perfect ;)
and a perfect example of the perfect neon owner :roll:

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:11 am
by NeonDriven95
have someone help and loosin the bolts a little and see if u can cock it over if not maybe is ur fender gap thats messing with ur eyes. so check that too.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:34 pm
by Lackof
NinjaneonTurtle wrote:
Skill wrote:i'm perfect and my neon came perfect ;)
and a perfect example of the perfect neon owner :roll:
correct!

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:29 pm
by 99dohcneon
NeonDriven95 wrote:have someone help and loosin the bolts a little and see if u can cock it over if not maybe is ur fender gap thats messing with ur eyes. so check that too.
I do have a fender gap but the other side of the hood is touching the fender

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:58 pm
by metal_gear_jon
Neons, just like most Chryslers ,were half-assed from the factory body wise.(SORRY) Some looked ok others not. Example mine's passenger front door's bottom edge sticks out too far from the door sill. So considering neons were an inexpensive car for people to aford, body alignment was not a priortity. Anyway most cars made domesticly are never perfect. To get the hood straight you'll need to center the hood with the windshield , then set the fenders with the gaps even from front to back. Keep in mind nothing's perfect so don't kill yourself trying to.... :)

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:19 am
by Smithlife
do have a fender gap but the other side of the hood is touching the fender