tranny mount inserts

Questions about axles, transmissions, differentials, pretty much anything that connects the engine to the wheels, this is the place for those questions.
lweeezy188
1GN Registrant

tranny mount inserts

Post by lweeezy188 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:39 pm

I know its under the battery but i have never seen it, also i was wondering if anyone had any tips one making it go smooth. pics would be great too thank you!!!

Rice_Eater
1GN Registrant

Post by Rice_Eater » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:48 pm

its not that hard just support it with a jack loosen all the bolts but pull the mount bolt all the way out. once its out pull the rest out start dropping it slowly it should fall out if not bring it down enough to pull it out. put ur mounts in put the mount back on. but here is where u need to pay attention when u put it in put the 3 bolts to hold the mount in place but don't torque the bolts down. jack it it up and put the mount bolt in. then when u got that in some u can torque the others. u will need a wrench for that part. then torque the rest and done. if it was warm out i could go do it and take pics put ya i dont think so.
Definition of Rice Eater
Requirements when you initially register!! Click Here

lweeezy188
1GN Registrant

Post by lweeezy188 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Sweet thanks for the help! What are the torque specs for the bolts? Or are there any?

Rice_Eater
1GN Registrant

Post by Rice_Eater » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:53 pm

ahh i just tightin them as much as i can. i dont have a torque wrench. if u do just look in the book.
Definition of Rice Eater
Requirements when you initially register!! Click Here