First time Dyno+Tune

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car, or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
Lackof
1GN Registrant

First time Dyno+Tune

Post by Lackof » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:18 pm

For people that have dynoed and tuned before give me a heads up as to what you guys order or run through during your runs. Also what should i be expecting? I'm going to try and get a place that tunes it for me for the first time seeing as i have minimal experience with fuel tunning and my gears. What should i be asking and making sure they do? And yes i do have the safc2 that will aid with this.

I've been told to go with the following ...

base fuel
cam gears
finish fuel
Spark

I'm trying to set up my first dyno+tune by the end of February because my car needs it super, super, super bad. Any advice is appreciated. For the record my car is all N/A so there won't be any type of boost tunning in this. If you need a list of my mods check the garage.

RTizzle
1GN Registrant

Post by RTizzle » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:52 pm

You won't be able to do anything spark wise. Ah really the main thing they are going to mess with is the fuel. I'd be really interested in what your a/f ratio is at right now. Oh and make sure to swap your thermostat out before then haha
When I pass a Prius I downshift so they can hear me offsetting their "carbon footprint".

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:58 pm

yah i knew about the spark but that's just what i been told is a basic process. I was seeing if anyone had any ideas on how i should go about it, since i'm clueless almost.

Thermostat will be gone when it hits 30-40 degrees out.