Is Missing link the key?

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
liquidhat
1GN Registrant

Is Missing link the key?

Post by liquidhat » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:58 pm

okay... i been over thinking a lot. need a setup to recognize boost, but need it to keep OBDII because of our ontario emmisions laws. don't need a lot of boost, got a td05h, plenty of spool to spin up 6lb early in the game on my DOHC. but once it goes to boost... will it die... will it not...

brain hurt... so i called a buddy of mine... with my ford wisdom with early efi boosted 4 bangers... he told me think simple...

so his suggestion was... ;

- TD05H
- Manifold
- IC
- Plumb all (intake / oil / water)
- INSTALL MISSING LINK (to prevent MAP from feeling boost)
- get in
- get on the skinny pedal

My thoughts are... "It cannot POSSIBLY be THAT simple to do a mild amount of boost on this car... i need more fuel... more ignition... gotta adjust timing" and then he slapped me... said for that small a turbo... and so little boost... don't need any more than what is stock and he says the bottom end will handle 6psi all day.

now... if it is that simple to throw a few pounds of boost to a DOHC neon? because in my fords i had to adjust fuel pressure, more fuel, pull timing, bigger IC... all for an EXTRA 5lb boost (to go from 13-18psi)

Please give thoughts to this... it been a while since i been on... and i miss it.
1998 1GN 4 Door 1 Cam 31TH ATX (R.I.P. Green Bastard)
1999 1GN 2 Door 2 Cam G562 MTX

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:36 am

If you would like to do it correctly, I would definitely look into a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, larger fuel injectors, and as for the retardation of timing, just run a water/meth kit or e85/ethanol. You're only on 6 psi, so you may even be okay with stock timing. Just make sure you use premium 91/93 octane fuel.

Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant

Post by Wolfemancola » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 am

Wow, there is activity on his forum... that is rare. Here in Moncton, NB Canada the highest octane gas is 91, but there is no emissions test, all we have is safety inspections.
My car:
1998 Plymouth Neon EX 2-door coupe DOHC 5-speed with Cruise Control
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.