Page 1 of 1

Turbo build

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:44 pm
by JareeB
i am planning on turboing a 1g neon, im starting to look at parts for all this to see what its gona cost. have anyone websites. im looking for one i found a while back that had like everything i need but what really got me excited was they had Eagle H Beams with some low comp JE piston for like 809$ i really dont want to run wisco and i will never buy them. im going to be getting a evo 16g turbo (lots of dsm kids here lol) and im not sure about cams but i love the sound so i need them. also i would like to run up to 20psi so what size injectors would i need?

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:05 pm
by srt4eh
modern performance

get some mopar stage 2s

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:55 pm
by 2drSRT4
Whoa, whoa whoa there. You have a lot of post for a noobie. First thing's first, like Ed said, modernperformance.com is a great website. They are the best neon hot rod shop that has ever evolved (don't quote me please). They have been selling stuff for neons since '97 and if I'm not mistaken, the people who own the shop, have been messing with neons since '95. After you're done goggling at their 2200 dollar complete engine rebuild kits (one bottom end kit, one top end kit) then you can decide that you may want to go there. You get a free sticker with the order (Did I mention that their stickers are totally tits on any neon?) and it contains everything you'll need for your build. As for injectors (I hope that was the only question in your post) Ed is right again, mopar SRT4 stage 2 injectors will get the job done and more for 20 psi on a 16G. You may want to look into a Super 16G through hahn racecraft though. Good luck with your build, and keep us posted.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:41 pm
by JareeB
2drSRT4 wrote:Whoa, whoa whoa there. You have a lot of post for a noobie. First thing's first, like Ed said, modernperformance.com is a great website. They are the best neon hot rod shop that has ever evolved (don't quote me please). They have been selling stuff for neons since '97 and if I'm not mistaken, the people who own the shop, have been messing with neons since '95. After you're done goggling at their 2200 dollar complete engine rebuild kits (one bottom end kit, one top end kit) then you can decide that you may want to go there. You get a free sticker with the order (Did I mention that their stickers are totally tits on any neon?) and it contains everything you'll need for your build. As for injectors (I hope that was the only question in your post) Ed is right again, mopar SRT4 stage 2 injectors will get the job done and more for 20 psi on a 16G. You may want to look into a Super 16G through hahn racecraft though. Good luck with your build, and keep us posted.
thanks guys, yeah i could get a super 16g for like 200 bucks, still waiting for my first job lol hope i get hire so i can get my first car. i read that tut on how to do a srt setup with a 2liter and ill follow that but change stuff like the turbo and stuff, also you think that i just just make like a cap for the fuel tank and run lines into it, or is the fuel level reader built into the pump? i was think of a out of the tank fuel pump and filter? would the ms 2 work for this build?

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:46 pm
by 2drSRT4
How experienced with cars are you, if you don't mind me asking? An SRT4 turbo is a good option, and it would spool up incredibly quick. Would make for an extremely fun daily driver. I think what you're trying to ask is how to do a spoolboy mod. The spoolboy mod is an extremely useful modification for most. But I think if you got larger injectors, upgraded your fuel pump, and ran an AEM F/IC you would do just fine. It would control the fuel and ignition for boost, and it's not hard to tune at all.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 pm
by JareeB
2drSRT4 wrote:How experienced with cars are you, if you don't mind me asking? An SRT4 turbo is a good option, and it would spool up incredibly quick. Would make for an extremely fun daily driver. I think what you're trying to ask is how to do a spoolboy mod. The spoolboy mod is an extremely useful modification for most. But I think if you got larger injectors, upgraded your fuel pump, and ran an AEM F/IC you would do just fine. It would control the fuel and ignition for boost, and it's not hard to tune at all.
im really good with cars, ik how to build them and everything form help my brother work on there 1g laser/talon. and my dad's dad was a machenic so im dad is also every good with cars. plus i got the 95-99 cillton manual for 5 bucks out of the back of a neon at the junkyard, do you know of any good turbo kits, cuz have most the parts in one package would be easier then piecing it together.

edit: i know the ebay t3/4 hybrids are junk so i dont wana get that. like thos kits lil kids get and throw on their car and a month later the seals go out.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 pm
by 2drSRT4
Well the Hahn kit was the best. Is this a SOHC or a DOHC car?

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:56 pm
by JareeB
2drSRT4 wrote:Well the Hahn kit was the best. Is this a SOHC or a DOHC car?
dont have a car yet, need to get a job first. most likie a sohc but if i have to im not really scared to own a dohc. i just really dont wana have to do a auto to manual swap

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:02 am
by 2drSRT4
Then get a DOHC 5 speed car, and save the hassle! I loved my find, a DOHC 5 speed sport hiding under my own nose. Was my friend's mom's car! Nobody currently makes a turbo kit for our cars. Not 1gns anyway.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:09 am
by JareeB
well do you know where to get that header/manifold?
also this is like the only 1g in my area, i can fix most of the problems im sure the shifting problem is because of well its an auto lol
so id have to do a manual swap which isnt to hard there are alot of them in my local junkyard. the gauge thing is prolly the solder on the cluster, not the connecter being loss. but im do know if it is a dohc, prolly not tho
http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/2225311226.html

edit: omg white neon = sexy
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2203816824.html
have a car trailer and a dodge diesel 450$ steal if its not messed with to bad

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:22 am
by 2drSRT4
The one in appleton definitely looks like a DOHC. It has a power bulge hood, and it has dual tips for the muffler. If you want a manifold, find a used Hahn one on neons.org or on here. People sell them a lot.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:08 am
by JareeB
Alright. I'm asking for pic of the white on and ill ask if its a dohc

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:39 pm
by loroku
i uh current lhave a partial hahn kit for sale its the super 16g turbo dohc turbo mani down pipe and a hks ssqv for $650
just a thought

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 am
by 1genRTturbo
ive got a spare srt turbofold. only fits dohc motors though.

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 pm
by 2drSRT4
Hey, 1genRTturbo, how much do you want for that stock SRT turbofold?