not making boost after engine and turbo re-build

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
ohio racer
1GN Registrant

not making boost after engine and turbo re-build

Post by ohio racer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm

so i fried all my rings spun 2 rud bearings and i rebuilt the engine and had the turbo re-built by a guy that works at a ford dealership specilizing in diesels so he knows his way around a turbo a little and after i got everything back tohether no boost nothing .... then i thought that i did loost the ball and spring out of my manual boost controller so just take it off and run off of my wastegate no boost still i am stumped the only thing i could think of was the diophram was bad on the wastegate got the air tank pressurized the wastegate and could see feel and hear the rod mov so i know its good im just thinking that the rod has the actuator thing that deverts the exhaust gasses into the turbo and not straight into the exhaust is stuck the wrong way letting all the exhaust gasses right into the exhaust but i could be wrong in new to turbos so any help could be greatly appreciated thanks ohh forgot some major things the car is a 1996 sohc atx with a garrett t3 turbo same kind on the old dodge shelby
turbo red sled

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:56 am

Check for large boost leaks. It is possible that the wastegate is stuck open, but that would mean something is broken if the actuator moves.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

ohio racer
1GN Registrant

Post by ohio racer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 am

i checked all my piping for major leaks still havent gotten to pressure testing the pipes and even if i pressurize the wastegate with air from a compressor and it moves its broke? i tryed to move it with no pressure going to it and i couldent
turbo red sled