Did i blow my engine (Video!!)

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
1nastyR/t
1GN Registrant

Did i blow my engine (Video!!)

Post by 1nastyR/t » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:45 pm

She was just admiring, my ride...

1nastyR/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 1nastyR/t » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:46 pm

So there's a new development, I was driving today w/4psi and then after i went WOT it lost power, started sputtering and smoking white from exhasut and under the hood. I popped the hood and nothing.... when i looked under the car everything was covered with oil. No oil was on the back of the motor or the front. Just oil everywhere underneath. And now it barely runs and sputters and still leaking/burning alot of oil. Seems like the motor is gone.....

Mod list
1999 R/T Sedan
SRT4 Turbo
boost controller set on 4-5psi
in boost AFR is 12.0-10.5
stock crank
stock rods
new main bearings
new rod bearings
.20 over hypereutectic pistons
crane #16 cams
high flow water pump
new oil pump
BEGI RRFPR
SRT stage 1 injectors
clutch masters fx300 clutch
maddog 65% sts
3" turbo back exhaust
walbro 255 fuel pump
spoolboy modded canister
stock pcm
2.5" intercooler piping
hks ssqv bov

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Broken piston/rod maybe? I hear something like rod knock or something. I bet there's a hole in the side of the block.

1nastyR/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 1nastyR/t » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:25 pm

the faint kind of knocking/clicking is from my worn out cluch cable. It stops when i push the clutch in. I'll post a better video tomorrow with it pushed in and in the day light. ALSO that was the first start up in over 24hrs and it smoked immediatley. And when it happened there was no noise, no boom, no nothing just instant power loss.....

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:59 pm

my wife sitting next me says and i quote "i had been listening to a rod knock for almost two years, if i dont know it from a neon by now im in deep shit". yeah its loosin oil out a window in the block i bet.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:30 pm

1nastyR/t wrote:the faint kind of knocking/clicking is from my worn out cluch cable. It stops when i push the clutch in. I'll post a better video tomorrow with it pushed in and in the day light. ALSO that was the first start up in over 24hrs and it smoked immediatley. And when it happened there was no noise, no boom, no nothing just instant power loss.....
Remove the intake manifold and check the block. I bet there's a hole there somewhere.

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Definitely sounds like Bottom end rod knock or broken rod because it's sputtering, you may have broken one rod and are running on 3 cyl right not.

Stock rods? How many miles on the rods...?
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

PensacolaRebel
1GN Registrant

Post by PensacolaRebel » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Would pull one plug wire at a time while it runs identify which cylinder is bad?
'96 SOHC ATX sedan
'97 SOHC MTX coupe