dohc ideas...need help...motor swapping

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
rekless_s10
1GN Registrant

dohc ideas...need help...motor swapping

Post by rekless_s10 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:51 pm

was wondering if anyone had any good ideas or advice to do with a dohc swap. the motor is a 2.4L dohc out of a 96 stratus. wondering what everyone would recommend for cams, if i sould change pistons. its gonna be a street car, auto trans but i may hook up nitrous for fun. i am going to port and polish the head... if anyone has any info whatsoever please inform me...

Thanks a lot everyone

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:05 am

buy my cams. they are good more a higher compr 2.4. or, buy my extra srt turbo, its even better for that, and i have extra srt pistons. i mean what are your goals? just more power or alot of fun?
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

rekless_s10
1GN Registrant

Post by rekless_s10 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:37 am

i didnt want to go turbo...all motor and maybee a little nos later on but i just wanna have fun but also go fast...i dont want to be rebuilding motors every other year like i heard other people doing...u never sent me pics of the cams so i thought u sold them...those cams good for all motor or turbo

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:23 am

they were great for the 2.0 i had. i bet they would be great for a 2.4l. and hondas are the ones building a motor every year after turboing one. cause their rods are like pixi stix. if a motor is built right, you dont have to. all mine is stock srt, and they are still running around right. ;)
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!