swap or build?

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
lilwhteneon
1GN Registrant

Post by lilwhteneon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:12 am

found a srt motor (no turbo) for 850? Deal?

a buddy of mine has turbo, just need wastegate, intercooler, etc...
-Nick
'97 Coupe MTX - SOHC, BoltOns, 3.94.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:21 am

What shape is it in, and how many miles?
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:02 am

yes mines a coupe. 850 for a good srt motor is damn good. i/c are cheap enough when you find them. and the srt turbo comes with the wastegate cast into the manifold. is it the acctuator you need?
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

lilwhteneon
1GN Registrant

Post by lilwhteneon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:18 pm

motor has about 90k on it. if i heard story correctly some older woman drove it and a garbage truck hit car and totaled it. so my guess is, it wasnt beaten on.

dont exactly what i need for turbo setup, only saw some cell phone pics of it and saw no turbo.
-Nick

r13evenson
Fresh Fish

Post by r13evenson » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm

does it come with wire harness and can you pull any parts from the car you want or just the motor?? if so if i were you i would pull the whole dash all interior pretty much strip the car and use as much as possible if its just the motor no wire harness or computer its prolly gonna run you some money for that stuff also.. just a heads up

lilwhteneon
1GN Registrant

Post by lilwhteneon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 pm

r13evenson wrote:does it come with wire harness and can you pull any parts from the car you want or just the motor?? if so if i were you i would pull the whole dash all interior pretty much strip the car and use as much as possible if its just the motor no wire harness or computer its prolly gonna run you some money for that stuff also.. just a heads up
thanks man.

stopped by yard after work, body was stripped and shell was crushed. some kid bought whole body kit for his base 2.0. Cant wait to see the blue neon with a OB srt kit a the local meet. :lol:

saw motor. needs wiring harness and computer. i know what computer prices are but dont have a clue for the wiring harness. any idea? also priced a stratus 2.4 for 250 bucks.

if the srt is gunna be more of a pain the a stratus motor, ill save some cash and turbo a stratus 2.4.
-Nick

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:01 am

throw the srt internals in the stratus motor and turbo it. internals can be had for cheap. you'll spend less than 500 bucks going this route. however it will be more work than just getting the srt motor. imo the work is worth saving 300 plus dollars.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

lilwhteneon
1GN Registrant

Post by lilwhteneon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:54 pm

^^^ thats what i did.

bought stratus motor and 2.0 intake manifold. still need mounts and stuff.

figured out id save about 350 bucks with stratus build rather then SRT.
-Nick