MPx IAC Manual adjuster 95-05 Neon release date?

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
keeders08
1GN Registrant

MPx IAC Manual adjuster 95-05 Neon release date?

Post by keeders08 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:07 pm

MPx IAC Manual adjuster 95-05 Neon (For use with BIG cams) Model: 221294

Modern doesn't have pricing or nething for this yet..
they waiting to see about interest?
Anybody have any leaked info...? cause i been wanting to make one for a while now, but I rly dont have access to the tools anymore. So i am thinkin um gonna buy one.
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"

::95 Sprt Coupe::

::04 Gray Neon SXT::

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Its not going to work as good as they think.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

keeders08
1GN Registrant

Post by keeders08 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:00 pm

DOHCRT wrote:Its not going to work as good as they think.
thats not the answer i was lookin' for. but im interested in why you dont think it'll work that great. I mean I feel its kinda far fetched that the engine codes wont go off n all.. idk.

I wanna hear opinions n what not also, so go on..
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"

sabu
1GN Registrant

Post by sabu » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:35 pm

Three penny mod FTW.

Works great for me!!
1997 Plymouth Neon Sport - Daily Driver
1998 Dodge Neon EX - Turbo, MegaSquirt
Bzevey wrote:Its just....JUST!!! WTF IS JUX???

JUST because you're deaf doesn't mean you're fucking blind

and that goes to anyone

keeders08
1GN Registrant

Post by keeders08 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:39 pm

sabu wrote:Three penny mod FTW.

Works great for me!!
What exactly are u sayin? lol
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"

INVUJerry
1GN Registrant

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:27 pm

He had a different way of solving it, but basically, instead of buying that fancy IAC, you can adjust your throttle stop to where it's working, then unhook the battery, and plug it back in. Magically, the TPS is read at 0% again.
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Free Philly

98moparR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by 98moparR/T » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:11 pm

what big cams do you plan on running?
Adam

member # 5

04 blue srt4 - tein ss coilovers, dsp tuned, mpx exhaust, agp hardline with greddy type S bov
04 black srt4 - sold
owned 6 other neons and more to come

keeders08
1GN Registrant

Post by keeders08 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:53 pm

98moparR/T wrote:what big cams do you plan on running?
see I was assuming it'd be a cheap part to purchase before i get to the point i need to get a big cam. For now Im just swapping to a '95, which i already have sittin around, or Magnum cam(if i can find one).

I still have a lot of things to do to prep. for a "big cam"...
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:36 pm

Their logic is flawed. The engine doesn't run rich if the throttle reading is 10-15% higher than normal. Engine management systems reference throttle percentage to calculate the amount of fuel needed for acceleration enrichment. This is done by calculating the change in throttle position over time. If the throttle is held steady at, lets say 10%, there is no acceleration enrichment. This is one reason why drive-ability decreases with larger throttle bodies. The larger the TB is, the more are is let in over the same percent of throttle change over time. If you can adjust the enrichment settings, as with MS or other stand alone fuel controllers, you can compensate for this.

The reason the engine is running rich with larger cams is because the amount of vacuum in the intake manifold is much lower than with a stock cam. The fuel table is referenced according to MAP (manifold absolute pressure) and RPM. The higher the MAP reading is, the more fuel will be injected. To compensate for this, you need an SAFC. The SAFC allows you to adjust the MAP sensor reading and "trick" the PCM into thinking there is more vacuum in the manifold.

If you want to raise the idle a little bit, do as was mentioned and adjust the stop screw a little. Do a battery reset and be done with it. Without an IAC, your idle speed will vary with temperature and require constant adjustment. A hot engine will idle much higher than a cold engine if there is no IAC.

My neon with MS runs no IAC. When cold, the engine idles around 800RPM. After it has reached operating temperature, the idle has climbed to 1500RPM. Its very annoying.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

keeders08
1GN Registrant

Post by keeders08 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:47 pm

DOHCRT wrote:Their logic is flawed. The engine doesn't run rich if the throttle reading is 10-15% higher than normal. Engine management systems reference throttle percentage to calculate the amount of fuel needed for acceleration enrichment. This is done by calculating the change in throttle position over time. If the throttle is held steady at, lets say 10%, there is no acceleration enrichment. This is one reason why drive-ability decreases with larger throttle bodies. The larger the TB is, the more are is let in over the same percent of throttle change over time. If you can adjust the enrichment settings, as with MS or other stand alone fuel controllers, you can compensate for this.

The reason the engine is running rich with larger cams is because the amount of vacuum in the intake manifold is much lower than with a stock cam. The fuel table is referenced according to MAP (manifold absolute pressure) and RPM. The higher the MAP reading is, the more fuel will be injected. To compensate for this, you need an SAFC. The SAFC allows you to adjust the MAP sensor reading and "trick" the PCM into thinking there is more vacuum in the manifold.

If you want to raise the idle a little bit, do as was mentioned and adjust the stop screw a little. Do a battery reset and be done with it. Without an IAC, your idle speed will vary with temperature and require constant adjustment. A hot engine will idle much higher than a cold engine if there is no IAC.

My neon with MS runs no IAC. When cold, the engine idles around 800RPM. After it has reached operating temperature, the idle has climbed to 1500RPM. Its very annoying.
yea that idle is annoying, mine goes from 900-1000rpm cold to 1100-1200 opp. temp.
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"

sabu
1GN Registrant

Post by sabu » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:52 am

DOHCRT wrote:My neon with MS runs no IAC. When cold, the engine idles around 800RPM. After it has reached operating temperature, the idle has climbed to 1500RPM. Its very annoying.
Amen to that. I found it even more so drastic when MS also had control of spark timing. If the stock PCM controls spark then it can dance the advance around to help control idle.

Either way, I would rather put up with the idle adjustments and be able to have full control of my fuel/ignition timing. XD

and that goes to anyone

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:29 pm

The bouncing idle was terrible, that's why I unplugged the IAC. I may consider one of these manual IAC adjusters if they produce them because my stop screw is seized and I don't feel like messing with it. I should probably just work on setting up IAC control in MS.

Project Log

keeders08
1GN Registrant

Post by keeders08 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:02 pm

DOHCRT wrote:The bouncing idle was terrible, that's why I unplugged the IAC. I may consider one of these manual IAC adjusters if they produce them because my stop screw is seized and I don't feel like messing with it. I should probably just work on setting up IAC control in MS.
See I unplugged mine with stock PCM(SOHC engine DOHC PCM) and it still does somewhat of an erratic idle... but i beleive its only when at opp. temp.

and.. id love to find an MS system, but didnt they stop making it?
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"

sabu
1GN Registrant

Post by sabu » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Symtech Labs and DIYAUTOTUNE both make MS units. They are far from being extinct.

and that goes to anyone

keeders08
1GN Registrant

Post by keeders08 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:42 pm

sabu wrote:Symtech Labs and DIYAUTOTUNE both make MS units. They are far from being extinct.
hell yea, thats good to hear! i was told by someone a while back that they weren't bein made nemore.
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"