Oil Pressure Switch Leaking.

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
Red97
1GN Registrant

Post by Red97 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:09 pm

I hope somebody has a suggestion for this: I have oil leaking from my oil pressure switch. I replaced it, but no help. I took it back out and used more teflon tape to get a better seal, but still no help. Anyone have ideas? Thanks!!
If at first you don't succeed, you're about average!!

rlneon
1GN Registrant

Post by rlneon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:46 pm

I have the same problem, I havent figured it out yet either. I do not know what else to try.. help would be greatly appreciated

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:44 am

Be sure that the oil is coming from there. You don't need much Teflon tape to seal the threads.

NPT threads are tapered. The more you tighten, the larger the threads are. Worst case scenario is that the block is cracked at the hole from over-tightening. Its happened before, but is unlikely.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

98moparR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by 98moparR/T » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:59 pm

yes make sure its the switch thats leaking, if not then it might be the headgasket and the oil is coming from the corner of the head
Adam

member # 5

04 blue srt4 - tein ss coilovers, dsp tuned, mpx exhaust, agp hardline with greddy type S bov
04 black srt4 - sold
owned 6 other neons and more to come

rlneon
1GN Registrant

Post by rlneon » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:36 pm

I kow for a fact that its the oil pressure switch thats leaking, I have changed it once because it was leaking/bad, and it is leaking agian. I put some good teflon tape on the thread figuring that it would seal like it was suppost to, yet it is still leaking.

Red97
1GN Registrant

Post by Red97 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:53 pm

I've replaced the oil pan gasket, rebuilt the head with all new seals/gaskets, new valves and guide seals, new cam sensor and o-ring. I still have a leak!! I'm not sure what else to try.
If at first you don't succeed, you're about average!!