Straight pipe instead of flex pipe

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
fusion210
1GN Registrant

Post by fusion210 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:28 am

Then you have plenty of time to send it off to swaintech. :D

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:04 pm

So I don't start a new thread, what would happen if I remove the cat and go straight pipe through to the exhaust pipe. Getting a 2 foot flexpipe is the only way to give it enough play for the engine movement. My CEL doesn't work so I can't tell if my o2's are working but I did a pretty bad wiring job on the cats o2 so my milage is probably already bad. I'm gonna get a CEL test tomorrow but as long as there are none and I get my inspection this month Idc about emissions since the car is soon to be gone.

PS:whats a cat worth?

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD
2.4L Turbo Project Neon Soon Under Way

fusion210
1GN Registrant

Post by fusion210 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:18 pm

It will sound worse (IMO), you'll get a little more power, never pass emissions/inspection and pollute more.

Getting that cheap crap is not the only way, getting a true flexible section is what you should do. The downstream o2 is only for cat efficiency and long term fuel trims, you won't get crap mileage from that.

I guess if it's soon to be gone you're just going to unload it on someone else?

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:52 am

No part out and junk the rest. I'm not gunna go spend a lot on it with the other kind of flexpipe and it will not fit in there with the cat, otherwise the cat will be at the ground, I have about a 1/4 inch gap between the cat and downpipes' pipes so I see no way to fit that in there. I'd also be using the money from the cat for the flexpipe so it wouldn't cost me anything. I do have a muffler though for the sound.

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD
2.4L Turbo Project Neon Soon Under Way