crank position sensor

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
the~kidd
1GN Registrant

crank position sensor

Post by the~kidd » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:35 am

Ok I was wondering if neone has ever had a problem like this. I took my car to the car wash and used the engine cleaning part of it, neway i was driving home and my car sputtered once i was like ok a burp. like when ur spark plugs go out. So neway i get home sit for a lil bit and then I went out again well this time it was way worse. i stopped at a gas station and looked down in the engine bay and seen smoke comming from the back of it. i looked back there and i seen oil all over the ground. neway i was wondering if neone has had this problem when there crank position sensor went bad with oil leaking and car sputtering.
96 slow dumb and stupid.

the~kidd
1GN Registrant

Post by the~kidd » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:21 pm

thanx for ne reply but i found the problem it was the oil sensor spewing like a geyser.
96 slow dumb and stupid.

Red97
1GN Registrant

Crank Position Sensor.

Post by Red97 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:35 pm

I had a similar problem with my sensor. I'm only geussing but it sounds like when you washed your engine, the o-ring was damaged. The sensor is a sealed unit. so I would try replacing the o-ring and cleaning the connector. Check also that your sensor is not cracked because that will cause an oil leak and LOTS of smoke. Good Luck!!
If at first you don't succeed, you're about average!!