any guess's to what the problem is????

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
96spoolinSOHC
1GN Registrant

Post by 96spoolinSOHC » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:34 am

shaneb wrote:I think I'm justing going to sell the neon or part it out, at this point.
I don't have the tools or hoist, to even remotly fix it. Plus I can put that money towards my wedding next september.

Peace

Shane
You don't need a hoist, at least, not until you figure out whether the pistons and valves got together.

Pull the head off and have a look. If you're lucky you'll only have to replace the head and the timing belt, waterpump, which should take you an afternoon.

Not to mention, if you don't have another car to drive you're not going to be making any money whatsoever. I'd only give you 200 bucks for your car if you were willing to sell it. Why, cuz you dont know for sure if the motor's shot or not.

Tear into it a bit and see if it's fixable, then decide if you're going to sell it or not.

shaneb
1GN Registrant

Post by shaneb » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:54 pm

96spoolinSOHC wrote: I'd only give you 200 bucks for your car if you were willing to sell it. Why, cuz you dont know for sure if the motor's shot or not.
Sorry cous, but if i sell the neon it's going to be more that $200 as the body is in excellent shape.

Peace

Shane
The more you love you car...
The more attractive it becomes...