pump pickup?

Working on a DOHC or 2.4L swap, or maybe you have some other idea and have some questions? Feel free to ask them here...
1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

pump pickup?

Post by 1genRTturbo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:34 pm

quick question cause it never says i cant use it, but heres what i got, im using the srt oil pump and pan and filter adapter, but must i use the srt oil pick up? i have the stratus one but cant find out if it works. nowhere does it say i cant use it. thoughts from you guys? also how hard will it be to get my t/b on an srt intake manifold? its a 60mm modern. i'll probably ask more questions so i'll just ask them here.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:25 am

does nobody know? enough people have looked at it. i tried to test fit it, and it just seams a bit too close to the oil pan.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

JeffB#2
1GN Registrant

Post by JeffB#2 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:12 am

The SRT/PT pan has a relief cast into it for the pickup to "sit in". Use the correct pickup with that pan. If you have one of each you'll see the difference. If I think about it later today I'll get a picture of one of each next to each other.

The non-SRT throttle body will need some kind of adapter plate made to get it to bolt to the SRT intake manifold. The farther out you space it with a plate just puts it that much tighter to the transmission case housing.
You know me