Dodge Neon East Coast Meet

Orgainizing a Neon meet for your area and would like to draw some more people to it from the surrounding areas. Know of a automotive event such as a car show, scca event, or track gathering.. Post it here, it doesn't matter what part of the country.
BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Dodge Neon East Coast Meet

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 pm

If you drive any model neon or SRT-4 please read this!

Xperimental Innovations Dodge Neon/SRT-4 East Coast Meet

If you drive any model neon or SRT-4 please read this!
This is a friendly meet for any Neon or SRT-4 owner to get together for a nice BBQ and hang out to talk about neons, Share our thoughts and Ideas and have a good time.

Location: Savannah, GA @ PepBoys (Address will be posted soon)
Date: Saturday June 25, 2011 & Sunday June 26, 2011
Number of cars: 25+ as of 4/23/1011
^^This information will be updated regularly up until the final set location and plans.^^

This meet is going to be for anyone with any year or model Dodge/Plymouth Neon or SRT4,yes, even the Caliber. Don't have a Neon or SRT4? Still join us for the day, but you have to contribute something to the BBQ such as food, drinks, etc. :P There are going to be a few different cars such as Eclipse, Imprezza, etc. This is mainly for the Neon/SRT4 community though.

We will probably be meeting at a Pepboys early Saturday morning then spending Saturday doing different activities. Those who plan on staying in a Hotel on the Saturday night into Sunday morning will be booking their room early as possible Saturday morning.
Plans for the day will include a nice BBQ, fun time for the kids and family and lots of pics of everyone and all the cars. This is where a good portion of the day will be spent. I will post more information about the park as son as I find out where it will be and what time we will have it reserved for. After the park (Towards the evening)we will all take part in a nice lengthy cruise for everyone, there is a couple of locals that will lead the way along some beautiful roads and scenery for us, they have a surprise for us during this cruise. After the cruise, if people are still hungry after the BBQ, we can all meet up at a Buffalo Wild Wings for a late dinner before heading back to our Hotels or hitting the road for home. Again, this is going to be sort of like a fun meet for lots of us to get together and talk about our cars and such.. The neon community is shrinking, so it would be nice to see a lot of neon enthusiasts join together for a day or two.

*EDIT*
"Re: East Coast Meet

Postby 1st gen freak » Wed May 04, 2011 8:44 am
Alright Guys, I know I've been M.I.A. on this thread but there is some good news, there happens to be a car/bike show here on the 25th and it's pretty local. I've also found a track within a few miles that belongs to the city but some of the guys I hang with go out there all the time and goof off (Auto-X, Drift, drive the old track Ect.) The down side is that there may be a "Legends of golf" tournament that week end so we may get run out of there. it's a gamble but alot of fun. We're still set with meeting up at the Pepboys to the best of my knowledge and weather permitting my guys are going to be meeting that night. down side is I don't know if the ol neon will be up and running by then so it may just be me and the subaru. guideing you guys around, but it's a bugeye so it kinda looks like a neon!"

Hotel information updated - we will eventually hold a vote for which one we want to attend. Not all of us have to attend the same hotel, but it will be convenient to book a room in the same general area. If the links aren't working, just copy/paste the names on Google to find the hotel and information about it. Location is Savannah, GA (south region near I-95 and 204) if you are booking a room for the night before the meet, that is up to you. Saturday night booking will have to be done early Saturday morning because the majority of us will be meeting at PepBoys early in the morning before the BBQ. All addresses (Hotel, PepBoys, Park, Buffalo WW) will be posted soon.

So far a few of us coming up from Florida, have a room reserved (or are going to soon) at the Hampton - Option #1.

1. Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 South - Gateway -------- ~$119 per night
Link: http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hote ... cn=SAVGWHX

2. Clarion Inn & Suites ---------------------------------------------------- ~$109 per night
Link: http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-savan ... rgia-GA298

3. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at I-95 -------------------------- ~$106 per night
Link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... orgia.html

4. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Savannah I-95 South ------------ ~$106 per night
Link: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/s ... -95-south/

5. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Savannah I-95 South ------------------ ~$100 per night
Link: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/s ... -95-south/

6. Super 8 Savannah ------------------------------------------------------- ~$78 per night
Link: http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Bo ... tyId=18103

http://www.xineons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=281
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 3091951628
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=373383
Last edited by BaLLisTiK on Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:05 pm

20 Views and No comments eh? Is this site really that dead lol?
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Eh move it to the midwest and i'll come. :lol:
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Hermit. If people are driving from Texas, then there is no reason why you can't :P

You guys have a big neon meet in the midwest every year, isnt that where N2k is normally?

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Yeah N2K is usually in the midwest, lets just have a meet half way between the 2 of us.

jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

pa acr
1GN n00b

Re: Dodge Neon East Coast Meet

Post by pa acr » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:39 pm

BaLLisTiK wrote:If you drive any model neon or SRT-4 please read this!

. Neons are also coming from Maine, Pennsylvania, Virgina, n & s Carolina and more! The more the better!
Just curious who's coming from PA. We can hardly get 10 neons together in PA for a meet, let alone drive the whole way to GA for one. I have been able to make it to N2k for the past 6 years and it usually falls around the same time as your meet, so it's almost impossible to make it to both of them. Then 2nd GN has their national meet in Carlisle PA the second week of July. Hope you get a lot of neon folks to show up.

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:27 am

N2k was in late summer from what I heard, IDK you have been there I haven't but i heard it was july or August. Not sure who exactly from PA is going, but I thought there was 1 or 2 guys from there. I can find out.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Holy Shit Tom your on here?

saxy89
1GN n00b

Post by saxy89 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:50 pm

depending on what i end up gettin as a job this summer i wouldnt mind making the drive down. maybe me and u could meet up and head down tom?

make a post about it on neontuners.com that is the site im from and were located out of south east pa.

racer12306
Administrator

Post by racer12306 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:29 am

Ianguilly wrote:Holy Shit Tom your on here?
Tom is everywhere.
Please PM or email me if you see any issues with the site.

racer12306@2gn.org

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 pm

racer12306 wrote:
Ianguilly wrote:Holy Shit Tom your on here?
Tom is everywhere.
Like tao? :D

Echoalpha23
1GN Registrant

Post by Echoalpha23 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:05 pm

BaLLisTiK wrote:20 Views and No comments eh? Is this site really that dead lol?
Meh! only twenty... my post had 78 and not one reply! ive almost given up on posting events here... besides most of us are on 2gn anywayz!

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 am

so you are saying I should post this on neontuners.com and 2gn.org?

Echoalpha23
1GN Registrant

Post by Echoalpha23 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 am

im saying the big org, same responce: nothing!

but 2gn, is where its at.. and ive never heard of neon tuners... have to check that out!

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 am

I'm banned for a month from the org for having a bad attitude because some flamer guy posted pics of some neons from xineons.com that he didn't like and was talking shit, so I talked back to him and I got banned.