Pacesetter Cat-Back Exhaust

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
das2123
1GN Registrant

Post by das2123 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:32 pm

Neonperfect wrote:
das2123 wrote:Just have the welds reinforced.
I've actually never had any problems with the welds, maybe because I had the motor mount inserts before I got the header. However, as I understand, there may be some port-matching issues?
Some do...some don't. But it's easy and quick enough to have them reinforced before installing instead of finding out later on that you SHOULD have.
2003 SRT-4

FOR SALE POST

Neonperfect
1GN Registrant

Post by Neonperfect » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:39 pm

True, though I was a total noob to Neons and cars in general back then (I believe that was in '99), and knew nothing about any of that... Now, of course, I surf both .orgs almost daily and know what to do and what not to, lol...

Archametes Jr.
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes Jr. » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:13 pm

NinjaneonTurtle wrote:
das2123 wrote:The one I got was "aluminized" already though.
Aluminized must mean worse, lol. Well the exhaust has a deeper tone which is what I was looking for, I hate raspy exhausts. SOHC sounds and DOHC sounds are different. I'm thinking about cutting it short and making a side exit out of it.
thank god ive learned all about this sort of stuff in school. alluminized means that it was thermal sprayed with aluminum, much like you paint your car with paint, same thing just they sprayed aluminum on steel (kinda like powder coating with aluminum).

the only time it will rust is from the outside to the inside is when the aluminum breaks down from the heat. (hence i wouldnt use it for an exhaust)

my suggestion (even though im 16 i know metal like i know info about my mother) go with stainless steel, it will be more expensive but it will last sooo much longer due to the fact that there is less than 1% iron content (meaning it wont rust due to oxidation of the iron)
www.myspace.com/xdirtyxweb0sx

"So your telling me that your honda has 1.8 liters and my coke bottle has 2?"

das2123
1GN Registrant

Post by das2123 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:18 pm

You don't need stainless though. My stock muffler and piping still look better than the Pacesetter.
2003 SRT-4

FOR SALE POST

NinjaneonTurtle
1GN Registrant

Post by NinjaneonTurtle » Thu May 03, 2007 11:10 pm

fricken aye.. it took one hell of a long time to separate the cat pipe from the pacesetter exhaust. the clamps indented/notched the pipes also so that made it worse. I'm fed up and about to go get a SS exhaust.
1998 Neon R/T Coupe
1988 Colt Hatchback

1fast2liter
1GN Registrant

Post by 1fast2liter » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:28 am

i have had the pacesetter for almost 6 yrs now and have had it on 3 different neons. and i like mine..... but alas when paint is done i will be doing full stainless steel exhaust tigwelded togeather by me.

96 blue coupe sold
96 white 4 door sold
95 blue sport parted out
97 straberrie red coupe sold
95 black base parted out

current drivers
97 dodge ram 1500 5.9 ext cab sport fire engine red. tinted windows cat back exhaust suer chips tune, 1 mephis audio sub

90 audi 80. 400 miles to the tank
2002 custom sportster 90 whp and quick too

Dennisc
1GN Registrant

Post by Dennisc » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:18 am

this is what I did after my pacesetter muffler decided to rot away as well, this so far is holding up well for me the muffler is alot lighter and to me its looks pretty good but to others they may call it rice but for me it was a easy inexpensive repair. Got the muffler for free from a friend who used to work at pep-boys.
if you aint first yer last
1999 Dodge Neon R/T ICEMAN,UDP,ATX TB,MPP PCM

98moparR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by 98moparR/T » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:02 am

who ever said we dont need stainless steel? what do you think your stock exhaust is made from? very low grade stainless steel
Adam

member # 5

04 blue srt4 - tein ss coilovers, dsp tuned, mpx exhaust, agp hardline with greddy type S bov
04 black srt4 - sold
owned 6 other neons and more to come