Search found 465 matches
- Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:54 am
- Forum: Progress/Project Log
- Topic: 1st gen Neon 2.4 junk yard built
- Replies: 145
- Views: 44991
careful on how much you deck the head. the valves can, only barely can, sometimes strike the piston. the cr may not go that high, but if its right, damn thats good. i'd start looking into cams, not much sense to get higher cr, and fix up the ports, just to have stock cams imo. BUT, hey ya dont have ...
- Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:43 am
- Forum: General 1st Gen Discussion
- Topic: Where is my former R/T? I have all the paperwork on it!
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1217
you can go to the dmv and get a current listed registered owner's name. not sure of an address but maybe.
- Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:14 pm
- Forum: Engine
- Topic: Engine stubling when coming to a stop & startup
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2442
i would start with a fuel pump problem. its what my 98r/t was doing before my pump died. the fuel pressure reg can also cause this. is your car hard to start on initial startup? do you have to cycle the key a few times for it to start?
- Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:40 pm
- Forum: Motor Swap
- Topic: Swapping in the 95-99 2.4, answer's for your build
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11404
2.4 cams are a bit too mild and wouldnt make great power. im even thinking of changing my srt cams i have now for my crane cams.
- Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:38 pm
- Forum: Motor Swap
- Topic: Why don't more people use the 2.4 ecu and harness
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3885
the 2.4 harness needs a few changes, mostly because of the intake and position of the sensors. the pcm was ment for a lower reving and higher tourqe output. it is better to run a neon dohc harness and pcm so that your 2.4 can rev better. if its an n/a version they are way better.
theres a guy on here that did the same type of swap you have in mind, most of it goes right in. a few things had to be "massaged" in but from the posts he did it didnt seam like such an impossible undertaking. good luck on it and let us know.
- Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:51 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself!
- Topic: Neon.org memeber trying to escape the attitudes, & polit
- Replies: 17
- Views: 6582
yeah it is pretty sick eh? got it from either this site or the big org. thought it would make a great avatar for me.