Hooking up a tachometer?

Tracing a wiring issue, or maybe have questions regarding an aftermarket security system? Post any non-audio related electrical questions here.
Post Reply
FlowmasterNeon
1GN Registrant
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:45 pm
Location: Maine

Hooking up a tachometer?

Post by FlowmasterNeon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi, I just bought a Glowshift tachometer from Ebay and want to hook it up. Where is the tach signal and what color is the wire that I need to hook it up to? Please don't tell me to get a stock cluster with the tach because I wanted this Glowshift tach. Thank you.

I have a 98 Neon
98 SOHC Neon

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 am

Do you have a wiring diagram? Look one up and you'll find where to hook it up on the coil. You have to set the tach to 2 cylinder.
Image
Image

User avatar
BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Post by BaLLisTiK » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:27 am

2drSRT4 wrote:You have to set the tach to 2 cylinder.
Why 2?
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

08kgraves
1GN Registrant
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:48 pm
Location: north central ohio

Post by 08kgraves » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:46 am

not sure but my guess would be because its a wastespark ignition system. but dont quote me on that cus ive never had to hook one up to a neon lol

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:10 pm

BaLLisTiK wrote:
2drSRT4 wrote:You have to set the tach to 2 cylinder.
Why 2?
Jeez Shane, how long have you had your car? You put it to 2 cylinder because it not only is a wasted spark ignition system, but it only has 2 coils... All chrysler distributor-less ignition systems are like that and you need to set them to 2 cylinder for all Tachs...
Image
Image

FlowmasterNeon
1GN Registrant
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:45 pm
Location: Maine

Post by FlowmasterNeon » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks guys, got it hooked up!
98 SOHC Neon

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:57 am

Sweet. Hope it works correctly.
Image
Image

User avatar
BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:53 pm

2drSRT4 wrote:
BaLLisTiK wrote:
2drSRT4 wrote:You have to set the tach to 2 cylinder.
Why 2?
Jeez Shane, how long have you had your car? You put it to 2 cylinder because it not only is a wasted spark ignition system, but it only has 2 coils... All chrysler distributor-less ignition systems are like that and you need to set them to 2 cylinder for all Tachs...
I asked because I have only seen 3-4 Aftermarket Tachs up close, all of them were 4/6/8.... Never saw one with 2.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 pm

BaLLisTiK wrote:
2drSRT4 wrote:
BaLLisTiK wrote:
2drSRT4 wrote:You have to set the tach to 2 cylinder.
Why 2?
Jeez Shane, how long have you had your car? You put it to 2 cylinder because it not only is a wasted spark ignition system, but it only has 2 coils... All chrysler distributor-less ignition systems are like that and you need to set them to 2 cylinder for all Tachs...
I asked because I have only seen 3-4 Aftermarket Tachs up close, all of them were 4/6/8.... Never saw one with 2.
Even the tach for my truck has a "2" cyl mode. It was off the shelf of O'Riley auto parts
Image
Image

User avatar
custom95neon
1GN Registrant
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:13 pm
Location: Richmond IN

Post by custom95neon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:50 pm

my aftermarket tach does not have a 2 cly on it
95 plymouth sohc mtx sport sedan

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:49 am

Maybe it was 4 cyl? I don't remember at all right now... I'll have to look up the instructions again...
Image
Image

konglong
1GN n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:09 am
Location: 德国

Post by konglong » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:54 am

Do you have a wiring diagram? Look one up and you'll find where to hook it up on the coil.\

______________________________________________________________
WOW Gold|Wow Gold Kaufen|Diablo 3 Gold|Guild Wars 2 Gold

Post Reply