1GN.ORG 1GN.ORG
get yer n00b on

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ  Forum RulesForum Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

at 100 per cent coming into the season,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    1GN.ORG Forum Index -> General 1st Gen Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuguhun
1GN Registrant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: at 100 per cent coming into the season, Reply with quote

NEW YORK -- This much is clear: Michael Pineda had a dark substance smudged on his pitching hand during his first win for the New York Yankees. Adidas Superstar 80s . Pine tar or dirt? We might never know. Pineda took a two-hit shutout into the seventh inning, and Jacoby Ellsbury hit an RBI single off old roommate Clay Buchholz in his first game against the Boston Red Sox. The Yankees 4-1 victory Thursday night left a bit of a mystery: Were Pinedas pitches plain old nasty, or was something more sinister involved? "Its dirt," Pineda said. "Between the innings, Im sweating too much, my hand. Im putting dirt -- Im grasping the dirt. ... Im not using pine tar." Ellsbury drew all the pregame attention after switching sides in the rivalry during the off-season. But it was the dark brown, seemingly tacky substance on the lower palm of Pinedas right hand that became the focus. Close-up camera shots showed Pineda (1-1) pitching during the early innings with something on his hand, and there was speculation it was pine tar to help him get a better grip on a chilly night. The game was never stopped for an umpire to examine him, and it whatever it was, it was gone by the fifth. "I became aware of it in the fourth inning through the video that someone had seen," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "And then, when he came back out for the fifth inning, it looked, based on where it was told to me it was located, it looked like the palm of his right hand was clean." Buchholz and fellow Red Sox ace Jon Lester both attracted questions last year about substances they had on the mound, but nothing came of them. "The Red Sox didnt bring it to our attention, so theres nothing we can do about it," umpire crew chief Brian ONora said. "If they bring it to our attention, then youve got to do something." Yankees manager Joe Girardi essentially repeated the same answer five times during his postgame news conference. "I never saw it. Theres nothing really for me to talk about," he said. Making his first Yankee Stadium start 27 months after he was acquired from Seattle, Pineda appeared completely recovered from the shoulder surgery that sidelined him for two years. Throwing at up to 95 mph, he allowed four hits, struck out seven and walked two. Brian McCann ended an 0-for-14 slide with a run-scoring single that put the Yankees ahead during a two-run fourth that also included a run-scoring double-play grounder by Alfonso Soriano. Making just his third big league start after 554 games in the minor leagues, 27-year-old infielder Dean Anna homered as New York made it 4-0 in the fifth. Anna opened spring training wearing No. 93 after six minor league seasons with San Diego, which traded him to New York in November. Now wearing a more respectable No. 45, he was greeted after the homer by Yankees captain Derek Jeter, who gave him a high-five. Anna had received more than 100 emails and texts by the time the game ended, and he even got the ball back. "Words cant explain it. Honestly, they really cant. All the history with these two teams," Anna said. This was slightly different than the way he dreamed it would happen. "In Wrigley Field, actually," he said. "But Yankee Stadium against the Red Sox I think is pretty good, too." After spending nine years in the Red Sox organization and winning World Series titles in 2007 and last year, Ellsbury left for a $153 million, seven-year contract with the Yankees. And his first game put him at the plate against Buchholz (0-1), his roommate at Lowell of the New York-Penn League in their first summer of professional ball. On a 1-for-4 night, Ellsbury reached on third baseman Jonathan Herreras fielding error and scored the games first run in the fourth and singled sharply to left to drive in a run in the fifth. Daniel Nava led off the seventh with a home run into the second deck in right, and Xander Bogaerts single chased Pineda. With David Robertson on the disabled list and Shawn Kelley and Adam Warren unavailable after pitching Wednesday, the Yankees scrambled their bullpen. Cesar Cabral and David Phelps retired Bostons last nine batters -- striking out five -- and Phelps got seven outs for his first career save. "I just figured as long as I was keeping guys off base, they were going to let me go," Phelps said. "Any time you can get a first, as long as its a good first, is always exciting." NOTES: Jeter went 2 for 4 with a double, raising his average to .290. ... The Yankees employed an unusual shift with Grady Sizemore up: Jeter remained at shortstop and rookie Yangervis Solarte moved from third to the first-base side of second; Sizemore grounded out to Solarte in the third. ... CC Sabathia (1-1) is slated to face Lester (0-2) in Fridays second game of the four-game series. Adidas Neo Shoes Online .J. -- This Super Bowl has just about everything a fan, a player, a coach -- and certainly a league -- could ask for. Adidas Zx 700 Black . That battle continues on Wednesday on TSN2 and TSN.ca with four matches all beginning at 2:45pm et/11:45am pt. On TSN2, David Moyess current club hosts his old one as defending champions Manchester United - unbeaten in 12 matches in all competitions - welcome Romelu Lukaku and surprising Everton.PHILADELPHIA -- Jason Peters will protect the quarterbacks blind side for quite a while longer in Philadelphia. The All-Pro left tackle agreed to a five-year contract with the Eagles on Wednesday. Peters was signed for 2014, and his new deal adds four years through 2018. Overall, the contract is worth about $50 million. "They didnt want to risk losing me and I didnt want to go anywhere, and I let them know that," Peters said. "I want to retire here. I love this organization. I love Philly." The feeling is mutual. "There arent many people cut from the same cloth as Jason Peters," coach Chip Kelly said. "To be able to bounce back from two Achilles injuries and return to an All-Pro level speaks not only to his incredible athleticism, but proves just how hard he works at his game. Having him at left tackle provides a lot of comfort to our quarterback and to our entire offence. Hes a guy that many players look up to in our locker room." The 32-year-old Peters is a six-time Pro Bowl pick and two-time All-Pro. Peters missed the entire 2012 season after twice rupturing an Achilles tendon, but he returned to anchor an offensive line that helped the Eagles lead the NFL in rushing. All-Pro running back LeSean McCoy ran for a franchise-best 1,607 yards, and Pro Bowl quarterback Nick Foles had a breakout year behind Peters and Co. "I told yall I was at 100 per cent coming into the season," Peters said. Zx Flux Adidas Ireland. "I felt very good. They obviously think (Im worth it) or they wouldnt have given me the contract. Im definitely going to live up to it." The Eagles appear set on their offensive line. Lane Johnson, a first-round pick last year, played well as a rookie at right tackle. Left guard Evan Mathis was an All-Pro, centre Jason Kelce is one of the top centres in the league, and right guard Todd Herremans is signed through 2016. Peters is the cornerstone. "Jason is everything you look for in a left tackle," general manager Howie Roseman said. "The unique blend of size, speed and athleticism that Jason possesses is something that everyone wants in an offensive lineman. However, what really makes him unique is his desire to improve day in and day out despite the fact that hes played at an elite level for so many years. We are truly rewarding Jasons excellence." Peters was an undrafted free agent signed by Buffalo and converted from tight end. He played his first five seasons with the Bills before coming to Philadelphia in a trade in 2009 and establishing himself as one of the premier left tackles in the NFL. Now hes already being talked about as a Hall of Fame candidate with several years left in his career. "I got a $5,000 signing bonus in Buffalo," Peters said. "I never thought this would happen. I believed in myself. This is a dream come true." Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    1GN.ORG Forum Index -> General 1st Gen Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: