hook up?

Questions about Amps, headunits, speakers, subs, ect... Anything to do with audio, those questions all go here.
vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

hook up?

Post by vielecustoms » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:54 pm

have a 1000w Lanzar amp 2 channel (bridgeable) and a 12" pioneer Dual Voice Coil sub. the sub has two sets of terminals (one for each coil) should I put one channel to each coil or bridge the amp to one channel and put a jumper from one coil to the other? or better suggestions?

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:34 pm

what ohm is your amp stable at? what would your like to run your amp at? and what ohm is each vc at? d1 d2 or d4? lots of wiring options just need some more info man.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:19 pm

Just bought a system for $40. I got two 10" Audiobahns in a sealed box, I have them wired separately right now not bridged. Its a 1400w Two Channel amp. Cant find it online right now.
They sound really good right now, but I want to see if I can get them Louder.
Ladiesman Do you think I should bridge them.

Heres the subs
http://techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseact ... &aff=72182

Sorry for kinda stealing your thread, but once you give us more info I can help you out too.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:06 pm

mahifish wrote:Just bought a system for $40. I got two 10" Audiobahns in a sealed box, I have them wired separately right now not bridged. Its a 1400w Two Channel amp. Cant find it online right now.
They sound really good right now, but I want to see if I can get them Louder.
Ladiesman Do you think I should bridge them.

Heres the subs
http://techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseact ... &aff=72182

Sorry for kinda stealing your thread, but once you give us more info I can help you out too.
in your case if your amp can handle a 1 ohm load then i would wire your pos on your subs to each other then wire the subs to the amp then do the same with the neg
that will give you a 1 ohm load.. and yes i would bridge it.. whats the model # of the amp? whats the brand and all that?
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:04 am

I gotta find the papers again. I want to say 2 but not 100% really just trying to figure out how to wire the DVC I have read I could do either each on its own channel or wire it in parallel.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:06 pm

haha i cant help without more info bro.. if you can give me just the ohms on the vc then i can tell you your options and what ohm they will be at.. your more than likely going to want to bridge your amp tho
The definition of a NEON

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:30 pm

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=3013

Thats my amp. Seems pretty cheap, but I paid $40 for everything so I could careless

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:14 pm

well your amp is only 2 ohm stable so that means with your subs you can only do a 4 ohm load. so pretty much wire your subs in series.. instead of me explaining this out each time im just going to give you guys a link to a site that does everything for you.. its really nice.. if you need more of an explanation just lmk and i'll help..
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp
that site should be able to help with the basics
The definition of a NEON

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:26 pm

I already know most of that shit I was just looking for your opinion. Im just going to leave them wired the way they are right now.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:34 pm

mahifish wrote:I already know most of that shit I was just looking for your opinion. Im just going to leave them wired the way they are right now.
ya honestly i dont think you'll notice a difference anyways.. and who cares for 40 bucks! lol
The definition of a NEON

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:54 pm

I really like these 10's. I think I might buy another set.

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:21 pm

ok I got all set up every thing was working good sounded great! but, I turned it up a bit while I was adjusting the amp and the fuse (on the amp) blew. replaced the fuse no damage, but un hooked the main fuse (battery) and RCAs until I get this figured out.

here is the info from the Manuel's

for the amp I have a Lanzar Max Pro MXA 232

2 x 75W RMS at 4ohms
2 X 500W at Max at Ohms
1 X 1000W at 4 ohms bridged
2 x 100 W at 2 ohms

it has a 20 amp fuse

and the sub is a 12" Pioneer TS W306DVC
Nominal power 400W
Max power 1000W
Nominal impedance dual 4 ohm

it was bridged than I had hooked the sub up by hooking the wires from the terminals on the one voice coil to the others with another wire. ( I had read online that this was the better way to hook up a DVC sub)

would I be better off running 2 channels one to each voice coil?

another question I bought a Scosche Amp wiring kit with a capacitor. I didn't hook up the cap yet because I was testing out my equipment to see if it worked. should I wire this up right away or wait until I get everything else set.

any help is much appreciated

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:56 pm

caps are useless :fyi:

well you wired them how i wouldve.. for a 2 ohm load by putting them in parallel
why your fuse blew.. idk ive never had to deal with that.. i would check out www.caraudio.com
your amp is junk too btw i hope you didnt pay to much for it!
ive heard of people putting bigger fuses in their amp.. DO NOT DO IT! keep it at what its supposed to be!
The definition of a NEON

patton98
1GN Registrant

Post by patton98 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:21 pm

are you sure that you didnt accidentally touch the pos. wire to the neg and the neg wire to the pos????.....i agree with ladiesman do not put bigger fuses in it....then ur just asking for a fire or something
**JUSTIN** Image

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:17 am

wires don't touch anywhere, I know the amp is cheap ($20 ebay) just using it until I find something good. I'll do some reading and see what I can find. if not I'll just take it easy until I get a better amp. I'm a firm believer in correct size fuses.. I spent a while rewiring a Friends car after he got sick of popping fuses and putting a incorrect one in and melted his dash wiring harness.