1GN.ORG 1GN.ORG
get yer n00b on

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ  Forum RulesForum Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FUEL PUMP STOPS WORKING!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colo-neon
FlameRedN/a
1GN n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: FUEL PUMP STOPS WORKING! Reply with quote

Ok so one day im driving and car dies get it towed home and fuel pumps not WORKING when i turn the key. so i pulled it out to test it .I hooked it up to my car batt. using the stock wiring for pump it didnt work.the wires looked bad so i used some wires i had layyin around to hook it up to my batt. and it come on. so I cleaned up the connectons on stock wires put it back together plugged up the whole assembly to test befor i put it back in the tank it worked car run fine for a couple of weeks then died on me again. so i got a nice pump n wires from junk yard out of a 01 mine is a 98 sohc coup put it in ,run good for a while n die on me again.pulled pump and i cant GET it to work on my batt. so i started testing to see if i had power to from relay to pump connector on the frame side had 9.xxV at connector batt. was at 10V low batt. from what i herd it should drop 1.0v from relay to pump.so it has to be something in the pump assembly .bad connection or corrosion so i made new wires using the old connector pin for the intank assem connector n new connectors for the pump its self . reground the ground for pump thats it the trunk .cleaned all other connections on assembly its self. got it running again as of now .but i know that somethin is making it do this . ANY IDEAS?
Colo-neon
FlameRedN/a
1GN n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: fixed /new problem Reply with quote

ok car runs fine now but when im driving it sputters somtimes when i go to accelerate but it dont die out .it will just not go for a sec then it will take off like normal. no codes come up .it idles fine no problems revs no problems only happens while shes moving . i repaired the motors wire harness found the crank position sensor had cracks right at the connector so i repaired it with new wires ,the whole harness was all melted together every wire was stuck to each other so i pulled them all apart found two bare wires repaired them , two wires just befor the fuse box were bare repaired them as well . it didnt have this issue befor so it has to be the harness imo . so i will remove it and inspect it .i have a filling its the cps wiring i think its arcing were i repaired it with HF shrink wrap so wish me luck . if i get her fixed i will post it .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    1GN.ORG Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: