1GN.ORG 1GN.ORG
get yer n00b on

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ  Forum RulesForum Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stripped Brake Caliper Bolt Need Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotrod
1GN Neon Enthusiast
1GN Registrant

1997 Dodge Neon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Stripped Brake Caliper Bolt Need Help! Reply with quote

Yesterday I Started Replacing my brake pads on the front of my car thinking they needed it because everytime I pressed on the brakes from a 70mph roll my steering wheel an brake pedal shakes horrificly, plus I noticed my brakes started squeeling anytime I depress the brake pedal, well to make a long story short.
After I took the driver side caliper off, It was missing the bottom bolt, thinking that was The Reason it was shaking, easy fix i thought, so i found another bolt laying around my garage tightened it up then found another issue, the bolt would not fully tighten it just kept spinning lol...
Question: Do I need to replace the Caliper Part Or The Bracket That holds The caliper Or Both?
Also How Do you remove these parts to replace them

IT'S JUST A NEON L0oL...
mcclunet
1GN Registrant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would re tap the hole and find a slightly larger bolt, unless you have a extra knuckle laying around to use, or option C. JB weld it in and hope you can get out later lol.. i dont would not use option c though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    1GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension / Brakes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: