Neon.org memeber trying to escape the attitudes, & polit

Welcome to 1GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
JamesBond
1GN n00b

Neon.org memeber trying to escape the attitudes, & polit

Post by JamesBond » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Ello all. I'm new to 1gn. I own a 1997 forest green Dodge Neon Highline saloon DOHC ATX. She is my first. Her name is Christine. We have been through a few good & bad times together. When I got her she had been sitting for over a year. As a result I need help putting her back together. The roof was caved in & someone cut a piece of her spoiler off. (She was parked on the street.) The driver's door lock has been drilled out. (Someone tried to steal her but the battery was dead.) The seal on tensioner(?) went bad so when I changed the battery & tried to start her the belt slipped & the timing jumped. I got that fixed & my dad's friend was suppose to fix her up & paint her. Instead he stole my Pioneer speakers, cut some of my vacuum lines, lost/broke a bunch of those little, hard to find pieces, & killed my battery, and prior to this someone broke the windshield trying to get even with brother. She remains unpainted, and runs rough. Her whole front end is off so I can't even have her outside. Any help I can get is more than appreciated.
At the end of the day even our shadow goes away...

northern
1GN Registrant

Post by northern » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Welcome to 1GN.

ricker91878
1GN Registrant

Post by ricker91878 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:26 am

Damn dude sounds like that cars cursed, maybe you should change the name? Anyway welcome, what kind of help are you looking for?
99 2 dr R/T DOHC coupe, all the bells and whistles...

JamesBond
1GN n00b

Post by JamesBond » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 am

northern wrote:Welcome to 1GN.

Thank you very much.

JamesBond
1GN n00b

Post by JamesBond » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:11 pm

ricker91878 wrote:Damn dude sounds like that cars cursed, maybe you should change the name? Anyway welcome, what kind of help are you looking for?
I would like some neon people to hang out with, but as far as needs go I need help putting her back together. Physical help would be nice, but some pictures of how stuff is suppose to go back together would help me out a bunch. I think he took the engine out and a lot of the lines don't look like they were ran properly. She idles rough and wants to die... As for the name I don't think I can change it. I never knew it but my step mom had named her when she accepted delivery. When I told them the name I had picked out, their was awkward silence. The reason being, she had picked out the same name for her. Most the bad things that happened to Christine, are from people wanting revenge on my step mom and her son. My half brother.

srt4eh
1GN Registrant

Post by srt4eh » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:37 pm

welcome!
98 Neon R/T, 00 Neon, 06 Jeep GC SRT-8

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 pm

welcome first and foremost. secondly, theres a guy here who had a red coupe named christine, and shortly got wrecked, bad. now he's workin on the clone. best of luck. just let us know whyat ya need.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

JamesBond
1GN n00b

Post by JamesBond » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:17 pm

srt4eh wrote:welcome!
Thank you. Thank you for serving also. :salute:

JamesBond
1GN n00b

Post by JamesBond » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:22 pm

1genRTturbo wrote:welcome first and foremost. secondly, theres a guy here who had a red coupe named christine, and shortly got wrecked, bad. now he's workin on the clone. best of luck. just let us know whyat ya need.
Thank you very much. Right now I'm trying to figure out where all the vacuum lines go. There is some kind of caister on the passenger side that is missing one. Also I have this little rectangular box that is not mounted on the car. I have no idea where it goes on the car. What kind of nuts or bolts to use to attach it. It had 2 vacuum lines going to it but the guy clipped them...

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:22 pm

1genRTturbo wrote:welcome first and foremost. secondly, theres a guy here who had a red coupe named christine, and shortly got wrecked, bad. now he's workin on the clone. best of luck. just let us know whyat ya need.
Oh I know who your talking about :D
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:35 pm

yeah buddy we still feel the pain with ya.

JamesBond
1GN n00b

Post by JamesBond » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:53 am

Ianguilly wrote:
Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Funny how you talk about people and they just pop up. Lol

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 pm

1genRTturbo wrote:yeah buddy we still feel the pain with ya.
No pain here, all fun since day one...kind :lol:
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:46 pm

JamesBond wrote:
Ianguilly wrote:
Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Funny how you talk about people and they just pop up. Lol
yeah, kinda like that.

JamesBond
1GN n00b

Post by JamesBond » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:33 pm

1genRTturbo wrote:
JamesBond wrote:
Ianguilly wrote:
yeah, kinda like that.
Like your pic btw.