1GN.ORG 1GN.ORG
get yer n00b on
 
 Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ  Forum RulesForum Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stock injectors with 6psi


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    1GN.ORG Forum Index -> Forced Induction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turbo95
1GN Registrant


Age: 24
Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Posts: 21
Location: christmas valley oregon


PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: stock injectors with 6psi Reply with quote

hey guys could you tell me what pounds the stock 1gn injectors are? im only running 6psiand ive yet to get it going again but im just curious. also should i run it at the factory 49 psi at idle if i use stock injectors?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant


Age: 26
Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 658
Location: New Port Richey, FL


PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was 19....
_________________
boostless_98 wrote:
I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.

Ianguilly wrote:
Just drive from the passenger side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
2drSRT4
1GN Registrant


Age: 25
Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 853
Location: El Paso, TX


PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: stock injectors with 6psi Reply with quote

turbo95 wrote:
hey guys could you tell me what pounds the stock 1gn injectors are? im only running 6psiand ive yet to get it going again but im just curious. also should i run it at the factory 49 psi at idle if i use stock injectors?

I have a very very hard time believing that your car starts when you only have 6 psi going to injectors that are rated at 19 lb/hr @ 49 psi. If it starts, I bet it stumbles, and chokes, and finally dies after a second or two of trying to idle. Why are you running such low fuel pressure?
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Yahoo Messenger
chipdogg
More skill than you
1GN Registrant


Age: 32
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 2179
Location: Muscoda, wi

1996 Dodge Neon Sport

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: stock injectors with 6psi Reply with quote

2drSRT4 wrote:
turbo95 wrote:
hey guys could you tell me what pounds the stock 1gn injectors are? im only running 6psiand ive yet to get it going again but im just curious. also should i run it at the factory 49 psi at idle if i use stock injectors?

I have a very very hard time believing that your car starts when you only have 6 psi going to injectors that are rated at 19 lb/hr @ 49 psi. If it starts, I bet it stumbles, and chokes, and finally dies after a second or two of trying to idle. Why are you running such low fuel pressure?


Since this is the forced induction forum, any normal person would assume he's running 6 psi of boost and asking if he should use stock injectors.

OP, you'll need bigger injectors if you are going to run any boost, or higher fuel pressure.
_________________
'97 black ACR coupe- #3 - Scrappy
'96 black coupe- #4
'97 magenta coupe- #10 - 13.379 @ 101.07 mph
'04 SXT mtx - #45 - GF's DD
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'98 Intense Blue R/T - #49
'04 SRT-4 - #50
'99 Intense Blue R/T - #51

52 and counting, when will it stop?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
turbo95
1GN Registrant


Age: 24
Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Posts: 21
Location: christmas valley oregon


PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea sorry guys im running 6psi turbo boost.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
yangyan
Guest








PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing.
Back to top
Ianguilly
Coupe Lover/Whore
1GN Registrant


Age: 24
Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Posts: 1312
Location: Cincinnati, OH

1999 Plymouth Neon Highline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spam1
_________________

-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527

jamieely wrote:
There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant


Age: 35
Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 467
Location: Tooele, ut


PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: stock injectors with 6psi Reply with quote

chipdogg wrote:
Since this is the forced induction forum, any normal person would assume he's running 6 psi of boost and asking if he should use stock injectors.

OP, you'll need bigger injectors if you are going to run any boost, or higher fuel pressure.
yeah i read it same way. some can make that leap i guess?
_________________
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    1GN.ORG Forum Index -> Forced Induction All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



smartDark Style by Smartor
Powered by p h p B B © 2001 , 2005 p h p B B Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
1GN.org