feul pressure ?

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
wesker
1GN Registrant

feul pressure ?

Post by wesker » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:15 pm

what should i set my fpr at if im running 8 psi on a sohc with the 255 walbro,return & spoolboy canister,10:1 fmu,450cc injectors with impeadence box,and a safc to control base feul

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Re: feul pressure ?

Post by BlueR/T » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:41 pm

wesker wrote:and a safc to control base feul

start by getting rid of that, get a better FMU that has both adjustable base pressure, and adjustable rate of gain

wesker
1GN Registrant

Post by wesker » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:56 pm

not disregarding what you are saying,this the set up i have,so what is the feul pressure supposed to be around?

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Re: feul pressure ?

Post by DOHCRT » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:30 pm

wesker wrote:what should i set my fpr at if im running 8 psi on a sohc with the 255 walbro,return & spoolboy canister,10:1 fmu,450cc injectors with impeadence box,and a safc to control base feul
- You cannot control "base fuel" with an SAFC.
- 10:1 is way too much gain for those injectors. You need between 4:1 and 6:1. In other words, you need "a better FMU that has both adjustable base pressure, and adjustable rate of gain".
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:27 am

10:1 is actually too rich for my 24lb injectors, so if you boost with that setup, you will be able to watch your fuel gauge drop down to E

I understand that you need to work with what you've got, i was the same way when i first got my turbo setup, but if you wait, and get the right parts, you wont regret it

also:
SAFC + Turbo = blown engine

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:36 am

also with a FMU, you don't set "base fuel" you set "static fuel"

static fuel is the pressure needed to push past the zero point of air pressure, and usually it is somewhere between 40 - 55 PSI, but no one can tell you what it is, it depends on injector size, elevation, the physical state of your engine i.e. carbon build up, head porting etc

you need to just pick a number and start

but you really need an adjustable FMU first, try selling your SAFC

wesker
1GN Registrant

Post by wesker » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:14 pm

listen...i know i dont have the proper set-up,all i want 2 know is a geusstament of what the feul pressure should be set at.

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:03 pm

k fine dont listen to us, but you better learn how to swap engines fast
BlueR/T wrote:also with a FMU, you don't set "base fuel" you set "static fuel"

static fuel is the pressure needed to push past the zero point of air pressure, and usually it is somewhere between 40 - 55 PSI, but no one can tell you what it is, it depends on injector size, elevation, the physical state of your engine i.e. carbon build up, head porting etc

you need to just pick a number and start

but you really need an adjustable FMU first, try selling your SAFC

wesker
1GN Registrant

Post by wesker » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:18 pm

if i could sell the safc for a rrfpr i would,but i am strapped for cash now,and it isnt financially kosher for me to drop another 3 or 4 hundred on a begi or cartech.so,im not trying to be a smart ass,just want to drive the car with 5 psi on it without blowing it up.i modded the fans and thermostat so it always reads cold so it doesnt go to closed loop.thats basically all i can do.thanx.

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:24 pm

my honest opinion, wait till you have the $300-400 to get a BEGI or Cartech

i did it, my R/T just got off the jackstands for the first time in over a year,
If you do it right the first time, then you won't have to do it right the second time

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:46 pm

wesker
1GN Registrant

Post by wesker » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:37 pm

i just pm'd the dude,asked if he would trade the said item for a 10:1 fmu a fpr an a safc.hope he does.

superD
1GN Registrant

Post by superD » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:03 pm

wesker wrote:i just pm'd the dude,asked if he would trade the said item for a 10:1 fmu a fpr an a safc.hope he does.
i hope you we're nicer then this.
Turbo2001RT wrote:
i tell you what"kids"dont listen,25 ben lomond st. uniontown pa 15401.that is my address,meet me there whenever you want and i gladly knock the peanut out of you,douchebag.
I got E-bullied today by our friend :) Kids... :biggrin: :good: :truce:
1995 4 door mtx with 96 cam. Booger bushings
1999 turbo coupe putting 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag
stuff for sale, MTX swap
Talk of ATXs is prohibited on neons.org, it is blasphemy and will invoke the wrath of the MTX elitests.
superD member #3

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:40 pm

wesker wrote:listen...i know i dont have the proper set-up,all i want 2 know is a geusstament of what the feul pressure should be set at.
What you're not understanding is that you cannot use what you have, even for low amounts of boost. Period. End of story.

Base pressure for those injectors should be around 10-20psi. When you hit boost with a 10:1 rate of gain, the engine will run so rich it may cease to run at all. Park the car and wait until you can afford to buy the right stuff.

Do you think that we are all idiots? We have done this before, and we know what will and will not work. I could care less if you blow up your engine. My goal is to give you correct information when you ask for it. If you choose not to listen, thats your call.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

wesker
1GN Registrant

Post by wesker » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:00 am

on the begi unit,what screw controls what?the guy on ebay said he has no instructions and he hasnt used it for a while so he doesnt remember.do i still need a fpr to set base feul pressure,and if so do i set it ti 20 and the begi will do the onset of gain?