Project: Diamond in the Rough (updated 11/29)

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Project: Diamond in the Rough (updated 11/29)

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Well i just purchased a 98 plat 2 dr mtx neon for 1600 to replace my 98 strawberry 4 dr atx neon. I didnt do a log on the 4 dr but i think its time i start one for the 2 dr.
Here it is when i bought it. Dirty and Stock.

plans as of now:
asa 14' (installed)
boogers (installed)
depo's (installed)
maddogg sts (installed)
bc coilovers
2.4 w/ srt4 turbo (installed)
mega squirt II (bought)
unorthodox udp (installed)
led 3rd brake light (installed)
depo fogs (installed)
2gn seats (installed)
2gn counsle
sound system (removed)
tint (installed)
Last edited by Ladi3sman55 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 16 times in total.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:21 pm

well i washed my car at work a couple days ago since i work at a car wash. i swapped the rims over from the strawberry and i must say they look much better on the plat!

a few days after i washed it i came home to find a nice surprise on my door step!

finally found some time so i went to work
7000k bulb next to a new stock bulb
im going to paint the turns with some amber paint soon so i havent reinstalled them.
the output on the depo's is awesome! such a big difference! i love them :D
im going to put the boogers on soon too. cant wait!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

NeonBLK
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonBLK » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:37 pm

I notice the same difference when I put my depos on my old neon. The difference was HUGE :) oh yeah I have depo foglights leftover from my neon if you want them.
Good luck.

Bzevey
1GN Registrant

Post by Bzevey » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:48 am

looking good!

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:31 pm

depo fogs will be on when i get em! i'll be tinting the windows in a few weeks too.
i started installing my system but ran into a few problems that im working out.
also bought some lge so i'll do that when i get some more free time! a buddy of mine has done this a few times so i'll get some help from him on this.
The definition of a NEON

RedRocket
1GN Registrant

Post by RedRocket » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:09 pm

i saw those headlights on the website and im conviced on buying them because they are sick!!!! and i love the plat coupe man keep it up!
1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. aha

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:19 pm

well i'll get some updated pics once i wash it but the front turns have been painted and the stereo system has been installed. im wanting to get it tinted soon now.. only thing is i cant decide if i want to go with black all the way around or go with a silver mirror tint. i plan on doing a black and silver two tone eventually (black on top) so i think the mirror would look good and stand out a bit more but the black would blend it great with the black top so i cant decided.. opinions?!?!
The definition of a NEON

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:58 pm

so much better!
looks great.. why didnt i put the other fog light in tho?
:( thats why... i'll try to bend that out at school eventually

also made a trip to the local jy and got some goodies :D
2gn rear seat and 7 3.0 tubes
2gn buckets
red 7.5mm plug wires
i had a filter and some pvc pipe laying around so i did my 3.0 intake
sorry for bad cell phone pics at night :oops:
got 2 really good sport wheels but might take them back since i found nicer ones.. i plan on painting the lip and center cap on these black and keeping the spokes alum.
also got a drivers side front bumper bracket since the old one broke.. :roll: go figure
i pocketed a fuel filter, oil pressure guage, turn signal bulbs, very clear pass. side turn signal, rca's and some 4 guage wire. not to mention a tweeter for my buddy :lol:
iImage
o and fuck 98' purple dodge stratus'.. that mother fucker wouldnt give me my damn 2.4! it fought me the whole fucking time! i got every fucking mount off and the dumb fucks at the jy didnt remove the cat so we tried cutting through that with our hack saw since they dont allow power tools :roll: and couldnt get it off so we said fuck it after 2 days of fucking working on it. i might come back to get it after they remove the cat like they shouldve in the first place since the stupid thing shouldnt have been on there.. o and the bolts holding it on were stripped thats why we didnt just unbolt it.. thats a weekend i'll never get back :evil:
/rant
The definition of a NEON

visualillusions
1GN Registrant

Post by visualillusions » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:56 am

Nice progress... do you plan on using that motor as a project motor? turbo? N/A?

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:11 pm

How much for a 3.0 tube?
Looking nice and clean! I just ordered a set of those deps cause they look really nice

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:17 pm

visualillusions wrote:Nice progress... do you plan on using that motor as a project motor? turbo? N/A?
yes motor will be put in after it is rebuilt and turbo'd i plan on using the stock srt4 turbo. my setup should be good for about 350 at the wheels
mahifish wrote:How much for a 3.0 tube?
Looking nice and clean! I just ordered a set of those deps cause they look really nice
idk offer..
and yes they look freaking sexy! i suggest getting the artic white bulbs for 25 bucks they look so awesome!
The definition of a NEON

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 pm

pm me about one of the 3.0 tubes. id like one.

car is looking good, coming along nicely.

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
WTB in NW: Clean 1g Sedan

dmxzane
1GN Registrant

Post by dmxzane » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:10 am

looks like it's coming along.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:45 pm

thanks alot guys im trying to keep it steady with the updates.. motor might be in my hands by monday! :D
The definition of a NEON

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:26 pm

well i got a few updates..

fog lights are straight now!
now i just wana do the fog light mod to have them running whenever i want! :D

got it tinted too :D
50% on the front 2 windows
and 5% on the back 3 :D

what do you guys think of painting my roof black?
I WANT OPINIONS!! lol
The definition of a NEON