no start

Tracing a wiring issue, or maybe have questions regarding an aftermarket security system? Post any non-audio related electrical questions here.
98moparR/T
1GN Registrant

no start

Post by 98moparR/T » Wed May 14, 2008 4:00 pm

I just swapped in a stock 2.0 into my r/t sedan and right now I have no spark and injectors are not firing. so far I have new plugs, coil pack, crank sensor, oil pressuer sending unit and cam sensor

any ideas what is wrong?
Adam

member # 5

04 blue srt4 - tein ss coilovers, dsp tuned, mpx exhaust, agp hardline with greddy type S bov
04 black srt4 - sold
owned 6 other neons and more to come

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Wed May 14, 2008 6:31 pm

Have you verified a crank signal at the PCM? Even if you have a new crank sensor, you may not have a signal.

Check to see of you have power from the ASD relay. If the PCM does not see a crank signal within 2 seconds of cranking, it will shut down the ASD relay. This, in turn, kills power to the coil pack and injectors.

You can verify this by checking for voltage on the middle wire (green/orange) of the coil pack while cranking. If the PCM is getting a crank signal, you should have voltage the whole time it is cranking. If not, you will lose the voltage after the 2 second period has passed.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

98moparR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by 98moparR/T » Wed May 14, 2008 7:44 pm

you hit it on the head....ASD relay was bad, plugged in one from my other r/t and it started right up
Adam

member # 5

04 blue srt4 - tein ss coilovers, dsp tuned, mpx exhaust, agp hardline with greddy type S bov
04 black srt4 - sold
owned 6 other neons and more to come