What happened to the site the last few days ?

Have a problem with the forum or site, want to make a suggestion, or just have a question about 1GN? Post it here and we'll try to fix the problem, or at least give you an answer.
uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

What happened to the site the last few days ?

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 am

I actually had to do some work ! Rhaaaaaaaa !

UTA

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 am

I haven't heard yet what the problem actually was. It took a while to be remedied due to our host's customer support sucking balls, kept telling us "we haven't heard back from an administrator yet so you're going to have to wait."
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:26 am

Well... it's a long story. They "suspect" that there is a script on the site which is spoofing e-mail addresses. However, the only scripts are the phpBB forum and a CubeCart store. I haven't changed anything in months due to the fact that I don't want to make any more changes to the database more than I already have so I can upgrade up phpBB3 when the garage feature is made ready for phpBB3. Why is it causing a problem now all of a sudden when it's been this way for months and months. Anyway...

This all went down Sunday when I woke up to an e-mail saying "your domain has been suspended... blah blah blah" :evil: Made a phone call... do'h, no weekend phone support :banghead: so I left a message for someone to call me back ASAP to work on getting the problem resolved and track down what is causing the problem. Replied to the ticket they had opened to and also asked them to add an SPF record to the account. Their response 10 hours later was "Oh, we can do that... just provide us with some information..." I provided the information and asked, once this is done, will you unsuspend the account? They replied back 14 hours later to ask what type of SPF they want me to add when I already told them. I guess no one reads the tickets before replying to them there. Then in another reply, since I guess he finally read the ticket all the way through he says that it won't be enough to unsuspend the account and if I knew of anything else that could cause the problem. I told them again, no... I don't know since I haven't changed anything. Finally, this morning they told me I have to remove the CubeCart store b/c they suspect that to be the problem, key word... suspect. :roll: But they'd give me cPanel access to do so and I guess they aparently unsuspended the domain. I deleted the CubeCart store a little bit ago and they said they'd test the domain again... so this may not be over. The site may go down again... :cussing: Calling them doesn't do a bit of good either. I called them for a problem on 2GN and they've gotta get a tech look at it since the regular CSR can't fix it... worked last night before I went to sleep... wake up, problem... ugh.

I'm really getting tired of this hosting company. Uptime is pretty good but waiting 10+ hours for a ticket response is insane when it's 24x7x365 support. Grrrrr

I really do appolgize for the inconvience everyone. I'm doing my best to get this resolved, I just don't feel I'm getting much accomplished when I have to wait this long for responses to the ticket and calling does nothing.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:44 am

Many thanks for taking the time to provide a detailed explanation. For the record some pay websites that I won't name that are 10 times as big don't provide as much user support/information as this site does. Kudos to the Admin team.

UTA

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Not a problem... more than happy to give a response about whats going on since you're kind of entitled to it. :lol: I can't take all the credit for everything though, a lot goes to Vinny and the rest of the staff since I'm not on here very much since 2GN draws a lot of my attention.
-Jason
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Cbussilver01es
1GN Registrant

Post by Cbussilver01es » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Is it the same story with 2gn as well? bc I attempted to go the the forum index today but instead got a whopping [Error 500] saying that there is an internal sever error. :-k
-Sean
Ohio Neons
Lh95sohc on Tristate....
Cbussilver01es on 2gn....

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:04 pm

Nope, actually a different problem. Last night it was working great. Woke up this morning to that problem. I know what the problem is but I can't fix it from work. I asked the host to look at it so they're working on it as well. The index.php has it's permissions set to 000 when it should be 644. I tried doing it but it won't let me change it so I'm seeing if they can get it changed back to 644. As long as you stay away from the index file you're okay. So that means if you find an old e-mail or go through your History where you can find a URL for a certian thread or forum... you can see the forum that way. The Index... not so much right now.

http://forum.2gn.org/viewforum.php?f=18
-Jason

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Well... at this point I think it's fair to say that I may be switching hosting companies. Because of the issue with 1GN.org they say...
Hello,

I have unsuspended your account. Please disabled any email/smtp checks/sendings in the forums and also disabled these mods
./forum/admin/mods/E-MailValidate
./forum/admin/mods/TempBan/.
We will check your account after 24 hours. If we find any mods enabled we will take it down ASAP. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us, we will be happy to answer them. We are committed to making your hosting experiences pleasant and fulfilling.

Thanks
Hello Jason,

Please also remove all store and phpbb mod scripts from your domain - 2gn.org within the next 24 hours otherwise we will have to suspend it. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us, we will be happy to answer them.

Thank you for contacting lunar pages support team.
So from what I'm reading they're saying I need to remove all modifications to the 1GN.org forum along with all that are on 2GN when 2GN is an unrelated issue. Yah... I'm switching companies, this is insane.
-Jason

fayt99
1GN Registrant

Post by fayt99 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:31 pm

considered wildrose hosting? (i think... whatever neons.org uses...)
96 Plymouth.

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:08 pm

Would like to stay clear of what the .org uses... sorry.
-Jason