How-To: Fog Light Mod

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:39 pm

I'd post up how-to's but I don't want the constant barrage of PM's and IM's asking about simples stuff about them. People still PM me asking how I put those blue LED's in the door handles of my white car.

And I don't need people on here to stroke my ego. I'd rather get a call from a buddy asking if I want to put the 2.4 I just got for $100 into his $300 car and go wrench for 12 hours straight. And when stuff doesn't work "right" we'll just modify what we have so it works.

And to think, his $500 car will be faster than your "fully built" 2.0. :lol:
'97 black ACR coupe- #3 - Scrappy
'96 black coupe- #4
'97 magenta coupe- #10 - 13.379 @ 101.07 mph
'04 SXT mtx - #45 - GF's DD
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'98 Intense Blue R/T - #49
'04 SRT-4 - #50
'99 Intense Blue R/T - #51

52 and counting, when will it stop?

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:42 pm

chipdogg wrote:I'd post up how-to's but I don't want the constant barrage of PM's and IM's asking about simples stuff about them. People still PM me asking how I put those blue LED's in the door handles of my white car.

And I don't need people on here to stroke my ego. I'd rather get a call from a buddy asking if I want to put the 2.4 I just got for $100 into his $300 car and go wrench for 12 hours straight. And when stuff doesn't work "right" we'll just modify what we have so it works.

And to think, his $500 car will be faster than your "fully built" 2.0. :lol:
People asking questions doesn't bother me, because i don't mind helping people out.
If you answer it once all you have to do is copy paste the answer over and over to people that feel the need to ask it again.
It's nothing other than a simple key strokes.

You may state you don't need acceptance for your ego on here, but your actions, or well words, state otherwise.
You're constantly talking about what you're doing, or bragging about what car is down, and what tools you have and don't have, how many engines you swap and transmissions you swap like someone actually cares about it.
No one gives a damn about a head count on what you have or haven't done.

A forum is a source of information and a place to be social when you can't or don't have the opportunity to meet people in person.
You and your ben possy on the other hand, make it something it shouldn't be.

INVUJerry
1GN Registrant

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:19 pm

What a nice guy you are Ryan. A true gentleman and a Scholar.

:roll:
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Free Philly

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:44 pm

Well thanks.
Wouldn't expect that coming from you, but thanks.

INVUJerry
1GN Registrant

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:00 pm

Lackof wrote:Well thanks.
Wouldn't expect that coming from you, but thanks.
Rofl?
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Free Philly

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:51 pm

Lackof wrote:No one gives a damn about a head count on what you have or haven't done.
Actually I don't even know the count. I know I've owned 10 Neons (6 right now). At least 15 trans/clutch jobs. Opened up over 20 trannies, completely tearing a few down and putting back together. I got 3 or 4 on the shelf right now that need to be put back together lol. 6 or 7 engines in the garage. I've done at least 5 2.4 swaps.

Most of my work isn't done on a forum, I get calls all the time from people needing something done. Hell someone drove to my house the other day to deliver a 2.4 and 2 3.55 transmissions just so I could put his 3.94 back together cuz he kept fucking it up. :lol:

I've done way more than you ever will, but you can stick to re-doing how-to's after you follow someone else's and make it "your own". I prefer to figure out my own way on my own. Don't need somebody to hold my hand each step of the way. You can go frolic with your rice mods and take detailed pics of each step though :)
'96 black coupe- #4
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'04 SRT-4 - #50

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:15 pm

chipdogg wrote:
Lackof wrote:No one gives a damn about a head count on what you have or haven't done.
Actually I don't even know the count. I know I've owned 10 Neons (6 right now). At least 15 trans/clutch jobs. Opened up over 20 trannies, completely tearing a few down and putting back together. I got 3 or 4 on the shelf right now that need to be put back together lol. 6 or 7 engines in the garage. I've done at least 5 2.4 swaps.

Most of my work isn't done on a forum, I get calls all the time from people needing something done. Hell someone drove to my house the other day to deliver a 2.4 and 2 3.55 transmissions just so I could put his 3.94 back together cuz he kept fucking it up. :lol:

I've done way more than you ever will, but you can stick to re-doing how-to's after you follow someone else's and make it "your own". I prefer to figure out my own way on my own. Don't need somebody to hold my hand each step of the way.
Proof within your own statements.
I am not the only person that says you do it. :lol:
It's quite funny to read about how you try and brag about what you've installed and haven't on a NEON lol.
No one cares ... really though ... really!

As Dane Cook would describe you ... :cheers:

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:26 pm

I dont care one way or the other. What I do care about it you two always cluttering threads up with your arguements. We know you guys dont get along, and noone cares.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:10 pm

This one was started by jeremy and then continued with chip and some more of his possy again.
Always the same people over and over.

I never bring it off topic it's always chip and some of his possy that comes into the threads and puts it where it ends up.
I just simply reply to his stupid mannerisms.

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Lackof wrote:
chipdogg wrote:
Actually I don't even know the count.  I know I've owned 10 Neons (6 right now).  At least 15 trans/clutch jobs.  Opened up over 20 trannies, completely tearing a few down and putting back together.  I got 3 or 4 on the shelf right now that need to be put back together lol.  6 or 7 engines in the garage.  I've done at least 5 2.4 swaps.Most of my work isn't done on a forum, I get calls all the time from people needing something done.  Hell someone drove to my house the other day to deliver a 2.4 and 2 3.55 transmissions just so I could put his 3.94 back together cuz he kept fucking it up. :lol:I've done way more than you ever will, but you can stick to re-doing how-to's after you follow someone else's and make it "your own".  I prefer to figure out my own way on my own.  Don't need somebody to hold my hand each step of the way.
Proof within your own statements.I am not the only person that says you do it. :lol:It's quite funny to read about how you try and brag about what you've installed and haven't on a NEON lol.No one cares ... really though ... really!As Dane Cook would describe you ...  :cheers:
I've done plenty of stuff on other cars as well.  A buddy and I turbocharged his Integra last year in brakes class, and this weekend we are building the suspension and shit on our Busa car.  Other cars too but yes, mainly Neons for now.  You should see the chassis for our Busa car, I built the whole damn thing, it's sexy.

Honestly it doesn't matter to me what people think of me, who gives a hoot. But if people know what I've done, they are more likely to listen to advice I give than if you said something cuz you read it on Google or something. :roll:

And it's "posse" fyi. :lol:
'96 black coupe- #4
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'04 SRT-4 - #50

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:54 pm

i found a how to, no pictures though.
http://neons.org/howtos/fogmod.shtml wrote:Ever wish you could run your fog lights anytime, like using them as DRL's, or with just the parking lights, or even allowing them to stay on when you put the high beams on? Well, here's how, AND they turn off with the ignition, so you don't forget and return to a car with a dead battery and a code 12.

1. Pull out the fog light/rear defogger panel
2. Cut the violet with white tracer wire, leaving as much as possible attached to the connector for the fog light switch.
3. Tape and tie the free end of the violet with white where it comes out of the harness. You don't want this shorting on anything!
4. Strip the free end of the violet with white wire that's still connected to the fog light switch connector.
5. Strip a small section of the white wire that comes from the rear defog switch. DO NOT cut this wire, strip a section to make a splice. This is the third wire from the top.
6. Connect the stripped end of the violet with white wire to the white wire. Wrap tightly and solder. Tape and tie to prevent shorts.

That's it, now you can turn on the fog lights anytime the ignition is on, with no headlights, with parking lights, with low beam, with high beam. This might be illegal in some areas, but I've seen plenty of cars driving around with fogs and parking lights as DRLs and other such stuff, so I'll take my chances. I drove around tonight for about an hour, pulled the module out, and nothing was geting warm, so I am pretty sure this is a correct wiring scheme. The rear defroster still works, too.
for what its worth, this one wasn't started by me. it was started by Ryan because he has sand in his vagina about how he's being treated on a forum. :cry:

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:12 pm

robert 'bob' paulson wrote:i found a how to, no pictures though.
http://neons.org/howtos/fogmod.shtml wrote:Ever wish you could run your fog lights anytime, like using them as DRL's, or with just the parking lights, or even allowing them to stay on when you put the high beams on? Well, here's how, AND they turn off with the ignition, so you don't forget and return to a car with a dead battery and a code 12.

1. Pull out the fog light/rear defogger panel
2. Cut the violet with white tracer wire, leaving as much as possible attached to the connector for the fog light switch.
3. Tape and tie the free end of the violet with white where it comes out of the harness. You don't want this shorting on anything!
4. Strip the free end of the violet with white wire that's still connected to the fog light switch connector.
5. Strip a small section of the white wire that comes from the rear defog switch. DO NOT cut this wire, strip a section to make a splice. This is the third wire from the top.
6. Connect the stripped end of the violet with white wire to the white wire. Wrap tightly and solder. Tape and tie to prevent shorts.

That's it, now you can turn on the fog lights anytime the ignition is on, with no headlights, with parking lights, with low beam, with high beam. This might be illegal in some areas, but I've seen plenty of cars driving around with fogs and parking lights as DRLs and other such stuff, so I'll take my chances. I drove around tonight for about an hour, pulled the module out, and nothing was geting warm, so I am pretty sure this is a correct wiring scheme. The rear defroster still works, too.
for what its worth, this one wasn't started by me. it was started by Ryan because he has sand in his vagina about how he's being treated on a forum. :cry:
Please point me to where i was complaining about how i was treated on here?

1. I don't have a vagina; i was born with a penis.
Don't try and get down on others for your short comings.
2. If there was sand in anyone's vagina they'd have trouble operating their genitals in general.
Not to mention the horrible itching, random discharges, not being able to go the bathroom, rawness, irritation, and even skin infections.
The only way for someone to know if there was sand in a vagina would be for you to be down there and see for yourself.
SOOOO with that in mind Jeremy; if i had a vagina you are implying that you've been down south on me.

Also FYI that how to is not from the .org so telling me i copied it from there is false.
This is a direct quote from my how to on this how to when it was posted up ....
Skill wrote:Fog Light Mod How To - Original how to written up by a guy named Randy

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Lackof wrote:I just simply reply to his stupid mannerisms.
well there is your first mistake..

still waiting for a reply on my pm i sent you
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:39 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:
Lackof wrote:I just simply reply to his stupid mannerisms.
well there is your first mistake..

still waiting for a reply on my pm i sent you
I know but it's amusing.
It's like what trinity and i do on a bored night :lol: ... (trinity where are you!!!??? :lol: )

I'll respond to that in a different way ... if you want pm on aim ryanhicks17 and i'll explain more.

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:08 am

Lackof wrote:Please point me to where i was complaining about how i was treated on here?
Here we go, from this thread:
Lackof wrote:I removed it because i don't support this site anymore.
Like i said ... not until vinny makes some changes.
Lackof wrote:I've got nothing in return for it but straight bashing and i won't help out anymore.
I don't see you contributing at all.

I've contributed to this site more than anyone else has.
Vinny asked me 2 weeks before this site was launched to submit how to's to this site to get it started up and going with information (he opened the site so i could register and submit them for a certain amount of time).
I did as he requested and he has done nothing in return, but bash as well.
'96 black coupe- #4
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'04 SRT-4 - #50