1988 CRX Si (Updated pics 3-3)

Have something forsale that isn't Neon related, post it here.
suave23
1GN Registrant

1988 CRX Si (Updated pics 3-3)

Post by suave23 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:29 pm

VIN - JHMED9360JS017402

1988 CRX Si
180K on the body
~70k on motor

The car was restored roughly a year ago and has been my daily driver since last August. The car is extremely clean and reliable and I have gotten as much as 40 MPG on long trips, even with the swap. I'd say my average is about 35 or so highway and high 20's in town.

Drivetrain:
-Low milage B18 LS motor out of a '92 Integra
-B16 tranny
-Cold air intake, valve cover, and strut tower bar have been powdercoated
-New distributor cap and rotor, plugs, wires, fuel pump, injectors, fuel filter, starter, and some other things (I HAVE RECEIPTS)
-New clutch
-Greddy catback with Magnaflow tip
-Hurst short throw shifter

Body:
-Original Y49 (Barbados Yellow) car, painted Y56 (Phoenix Yellow), jambs and engine bay are Y49 but look nice
-The only rust on the car was some minor quarter panel rot which was cut out and new panels were welded in
-Antenna and rear wiper are shaved
-New headlights, clear corners, and JDM Shit side markers (wired correctly)
-Spoon mirrors
-Some new seals/weatherstripping
-New windshield
-Very straight, no dents or rust, one VERY minor scratch on the roof from where I hand cranked the sunroof open to see what needed repaired and the bottom of the driver's side rail touched the roof, very minor

Suspension:
-New KYB struts on Neuspeed springs
-New brake pads, rotors, and shoes
-15" Falken Hanabis on Hankook tires, less than 5,000 miles on the setup, tons and tons of life left
- '91 CRX Si wheels painted black, 3 wheels have nearly brand new tires, 4th has some camber wear but still decent

Interior:
-A-pillar gauge pod with Autometer water temp and voltmeter gauges
-EF sedan steering wheel
-door panels recovered in tweed (gray top/black bottom)
-Tenzo R seats
-Custom made black floor mats
-Kenwood 10" sub/amp combo
-Pioneer DEH3600 head unit
-Infinity component set
-Mr. Gasket chrome ball shift knob
-Rear speaker covers recovered in black tweed

Now for the bad, the sunroof doesn't work. I've never really looked into it too much, could be a simple fix. I would like to just seal it shut permanently, but I won't since the next owner might want to fix it.

NEW PRICE $4500 OBO

These pictures show the Falken Hanabis, and most of them show the tint on the car. The tint is long gone and there is a nice climate control installed now!

No tint

The floor mats are wet, there are no stains on them. The carpet could stand a cleaning I suppose.

Thanks,

Alex

NEW PICS WITH THE SI WHEELS AND NO TINT!

Last edited by suave23 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003 Cobra 10th Anniversary - CAI, MAF, Exhaust, Pulley, and tune

Erays3r
1GN Registrant

Post by Erays3r » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Ive been thinking about picking up a second car. where is this located , just out of curiosity.

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:02 pm

Wellston, Ohio 45692

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:29 pm

Just for shits, I can vouch for this car. Very nice CRX, if youve ever wanted one this is the car for you. Fun to dirve and in great condition!
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:32 pm

Had a boy and his dad come from Columbus to look at the car at noon. They seemed fairly interested and they'll "let me know", but the car is still currently up for grabs.

Anybody looking for a CRX, this is the one! Absolutely no rust, fresh paint, nicely detailed, motor swap, tons of stuff replaced, rides and drives like new! Daily driver, weekend toy, Auto-crosser, fun project, this car has endless possibilities and is a great platform for whatever you're looking for!

I am willing to negotiate on the price.

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:54 pm

Nobody wants a nice daily driver for a decent price? Costs less than $20 to fill up (on 93) and gets 40 mpg!

If a daily's not what you're looking for, this would be a great weekend toy / project car. 1900 lbs with a full tank, solid chassis, strong, low milage, essentially stock B18 that's ready for the mods of your choice, and fun as all hell!

This won't be on the market for very much longer. My buddy's car is now for sale to the public, so once it's gone, this will no longer be for sale. If you're interested, let me know!

If anybody's truly interested, I have pics of the undercarriage of the car to show just how rust free and solid this thing is.

Erays3r
1GN Registrant

Post by Erays3r » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:42 pm

suave23 wrote:Nobody wants a nice daily driver for a decent price? Costs less than $20 to fill up (on 93) and gets 40 mpg!

If a daily's not what you're looking for, this would be a great weekend toy / project car. 1900 lbs with a full tank, solid chassis, strong, low milage, essentially stock B18 that's ready for the mods of your choice, and fun as all hell!

This won't be on the market for very much longer. My buddy's car is now for sale to the public, so once it's gone, this will no longer be for sale. If you're interested, let me know!

If anybody's truly interested, I have pics of the undercarriage of the car to show just how rust free and solid this thing is.
Id love to get my hands on it, and I would if I wasnt in the middle of a engine build. I probably wont be in he market for a another ride until the spring. Id like to think you would still have it then but Im sure someone with cash will snap this deal up. Good luck man

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:02 pm

Well, I thought somebody would snap it up too, but I still have it. Granted, it's only been advertised for 3 1/2 days, and there has been a lot of lookers, I just figured I'd have it sold in no time.

If it sells, cool, I'll get my friend's car. If not, oh well, I'll continue to do stuff to it and have a ton of fun with it.

Honestly, if I don't sell it I'll probably be in the market for an SRT-4 by next summer.

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:48 am

Friend's car sold Friday morning, so now I'm up in the air as to whether I'm still going to sell the CRX or just keep it. Cool trades could peak my interest though...

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:55 am

Car is still available, willing to consider all offers.

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:03 pm

Still available....looking for cash more than anything at this point, I'm SRT bound!

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Brand new windshield installed today, near mint climate control installed last week, and the starter silinoid situation seems to no longer be an issue...

Still available, awwww yeah.

Cbussilver01es
1GN Registrant

Post by Cbussilver01es » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:26 pm

Hmm still forsale eh alex? I could post it over on slowmotion motorsports forum if ya want man. There are a lotta honda guys over there that are lookin for cars a lot. Just let me know.
-Sean
Ohio Neons
Lh95sohc on Tristate....
Cbussilver01es on 2gn....

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:40 pm

For sure, I completely forgot about Slowmotion's forums. I used to troll over there every once in a while, but never joined. Feel free to throw it up on there if you want.

Thanks,

Alex

Cbussilver01es
1GN Registrant

Post by Cbussilver01es » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:34 pm

Aight will do, just shoot me your email addy sometime so I can throw it in the post over there.
-Sean
Ohio Neons
Lh95sohc on Tristate....
Cbussilver01es on 2gn....