1GN.ORG 1GN.ORG
get yer n00b on

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ  Forum RulesForum Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Traffic light Reply with quote

Me and a friend of mine with a Seat ibiza Cupra 2 (1998, 2.0 DOHC) were racing a bit on the highway.

a Golf VR6 drove on the highway and we both passed him.

When we were a few kilometers ahead, I saw this golf comming up rrrrrrrrreally fast in my rearview mirror.

So i went a lane to the right so he could pass us.

We kinda raced on the highway but it was all kinda close.

When we drove off the highway, into the ''city'' there ware the first set of traffic lights.
There were 3 lanes. the one on the right was occupied by another car.

The golf was on the middle lane, the cupra 2 of my friend on the left, and I stopped in the middle of them behind them.

Now I have to tell, that the transmission in the Cupra of my friend is fucked up, and if he pulls it to 6000+rpm he can not shift into the next gear without having to wait about 2 sec.
So the friend of mine pulled in front of the Golf VR6 in 1st gear, but as soon as he had to shift the golf was in front of him a bit.

When they started to race I also pulled away, But I was comming pretty close to the golf and my friend, so I had to release my throttle a bit.

When we all 3 passed the other car on the right, the right lane becomes free, the golf goes to the right lane, my friend stayed on the left, and I passed my friend in the Cupra. So right now I am in the middle lane, next to the golf VR6.

In seccond gear, I stayed exactly next to the Golf VR6.

I shifted into third, and still was next to him.

I didn't pass him, He didn't pass me.

I think if the golf and I started next to each other, I would be just a half car length in front of him.

Considering the fact that this golf VR6 has a 6 banger 2,8L, and I only have a 2.0 4 banger... this really made me feel good Wink

Then these VR6's are pretty ''old'' cars (somewhere between 1991 and 1997 or something) and a LOT of them are sold here in Holland.

Almost every young punk with his cap backwards on his head owns a VR6.. You know what I mean.

Also, if you can find a 100% stock VR6, I give you my Neon.
Almost every one has a exhaust and CAI on it and so on..

So this one prob also had a exhaust and CAI (the VR6 sounded pretty sick as far as I could hear)

It was a pretty cool race Smile
NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear, my next ride (BMW e30/e36 M3, or Subaru Impreza) is going to get a VR6-KILLER sticker on the back! Razz LoL
uta_flyinghigh
The only RHD on 1GN
1GN Registrant

1997 Chrysler Neon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity there are almost no Golf/Jetta VR6's in Tunis, I would like to race one someday.

UTA
1GN Registrant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stock they are not so special, about the same as my Neon..
Some might be a little bit faster than me, some are not.
Anyway, the difference between my Neon and the VR6's I have raced is minimal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    1GN.ORG Forum Index -> Street Racing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: