Half-raced a 2007 Civic

Have a good kill against someone on the street or did you lose horribly, tell us about it here. <B>1GN.org DOES NOT promote street racing!</B>
uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Half-raced a 2007 Civic

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:27 am

So here in Tunisia Civics and Neons are veeeeeeery few and veeeeery far between.

Yesterday evening I pulled up to the lights with a 07 blue Civic (almost Electron Blue Pearl color) waiting for them to turn green.

Being a Civic owner myself, I wished to see firsthand the new model's performance, so I drove alongside him and flashed my hazard lights.

At that point I noticed they were 3 onboard the Civic so I let him a half-car length before flooring it (we were two including myself).

I passed him easily so I started shifting at 4K-ish (no use shifting at redline when the odds aren't fair).
The catch is that he stayed with me until 170, at which point my wife pointed out that we were arriving onto the second set of lights rather too fast for the road conditions (night, slightly slippery roads as it had rained earlier on).

I switched my hazards again and braked.
He went past me and braked down to 60. I did the same.
We both signaled a left turn from the main three-lane boulevard (I love that stretch of road btw) and drove at speed limit until we parted ways, at which point we both honked in acknowledgement.

Tunis being a small city modded-car wise, it's a matter of when and not if I meet him again, this time hopefully with a fair fight from both parties.

My questions :

1) He looked and sounded stock...what's the HP/weight of 07 4-door Civics ?

2) Did he not reach VTEC on purpose in order to sucker me for the next race ?

3) Shall I get my ass handed to me when we go at it for real ?

UTA

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Re: Half-raced a 2007 Civic

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:02 pm

uta_flyinghigh wrote: 1) He looked and sounded stock...what's the HP/weight of 07 4-door Civics ?

2) Did he not reach VTEC on purpose in order to sucker me for the next race ?

3) Shall I get my ass handed to me when we go at it for real ?

UTA
1) hp depends on the engine thats in them and they weigh 2600lbs

2) i dont even understand wtf a vtec is other than honda guys us it as an excuse when they get beat lol

3) probably
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

NeonBLK
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonBLK » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:58 pm

1) they have either a 140 hp dohc or a 197 hp dohc with vtec

2)
Vtec is the variable vavle timing, which kicks in the upper rpms, where the other 2 vavles not used in the lower rpms are used which gets a "spike in power" to better performance and fuel economy.

3) it depends on which engine he had, and which you have (also which tranny you have)

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:20 am

So it appears I got the answers over the WE :

1) It's a loaded EX, which means 140hp and heeeeavy.

2) See above.

3) He's a 1.8 DOHC MTX and I have the 2.0 SOHC MTX.

UTA

NeonBLK
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonBLK » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:45 pm

after seeing that it would be a close race but you have a better power to weight ratio, so you have the edge

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:15 am

So we met aagain during the Xmas break.

Short story : his a$$ got owned. Methinks it's more a driver than a car thing as I won by almost 3 car lengths. I love the looks of his ride though (shall put up a pic soon).

UTA