1GN.ORG 1GN.ORG
get yer n00b on

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ  Forum RulesForum Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Make Right Choices

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asifmalik1134
1GN Registrant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: How to Make Right Choices Reply with quote

Decisions are the starting place of all achievements. Choices create our destinies and produce victory or failure in our lives. The results we experience are not the result of fate, but a matter of decision. We are the sum total of choices we have made, even if we made those decisions in ignorance, or permitted others to make the choices for us. Once we reach the age of accountability, we are responsible for what we do or don't do. This age of accountability varies for each person, because we all come to a state of understanding right from wrong at different times in our lives. Most people reach it by the tender age of twelve, if not before. This is the time when we as parents should be aiming at teaching our children how to make choices which are in their best interests.

So, life is all about choices. Decisions we make can impact our lives for a moment, a day, a month, a years, years or eternity. But each choice carries with it rewards and consequences. This is really where we are all equal. Granted that we may not have been brought up by wealthy parents. Some of us have been brought up in homes with two parents, while others of us came up with a single parent. Some of us came up with no parents, but were raised with other family members or in an orphanage.

Some of us came up in poverty and others in a more affluent family. Other things and situations may have been to some of our advantages or disadvantage. However, we all have a will, an ability to decide what we will and will not do, what we will and will not be and what we want and do not want. In this way, life is fair.

It does not matter how we were brought up, when it was beyond our control. What matters is what we do now. So, will you become responsible for the decisions you make?

Many people, who came up in worst situations than you and I have made decisions which has catapulted them into a life of beautiful success. Others have allowed their circumstances to lord it over them and bring them into a place of defeat, shame and regret. Really, their situations and circumstances had nothing to do with their condition. Our choices form our lives and nothing else.

We can, should we choose to do so, rise above anything that comes our way. We have been given by the Creator of the Universe the ability to shape the lives we want, and experience the sweetness of true success.

How can we learn to harness the power of choice? Here are a few tips:

1. Realize that God Almighty gave you the ability to choose.

2. Understand that with the power of choice comes great responsibility. (One day, we shall all answer for every decision we have made or make in the future, before Him Who gave us this great gift of choice.)

3. Decisions should be made based upon knowledge. The more you really know, not just guess, will give you an advantage in life. So invest in knowledge. Read books and learn from those older than you, who have already made a success of their own lives.

4. Decisions should be made with common sense. Understand that both success and failure are marked by certain decisions and behaviours. So ask yourself, what do I want to be, do or have? And ask again, what will it take to be that, accomplish that or have that? Search, find and model yourself after someone who is walking in the kind of good and godly success you desire and learn all you can from them. Do what they do. And stay away from those who are not interested in making something out of their lives. Their influence can pull you down.

5. Understand that your choices are just that, your choices, so choose wisely, for you shall bear the reward or consequence of your action.

6. Realize that you can rise above anything if you are WILLING to think, plan and pursue those goals with a determination never to quit.

7. Understand that God Almighty, Who gave you the ability to decide your own fate, will give you His help, wisdom and guidance for making proper decisions. So, seek Him and ask Him to help you, and show you how to make choices which please Him and are to your betterment and would prove to be a blessing to others.

The greatest decision you can ever make is to decide to give your life to God, by receiving His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. God loves you so much and wants you so much that He gave His Holy Son Jesus to die for you upon a cross and shed His precious blood to wash away all of your wrongs, making you His very own child. Jesus arose from the dead and wants to come, and live within you and help you make good, wholesome and proper decisions. He is truly the greatest champion of all and can make an over-comer out of you, if you will put your trust in Him. SO receive Jesus Christ as Lord today. How, you may ask? Just say, Lord Jesus Christ, I believe You are the Son of God. I believe You died for me and shed Your blood to wash away my sins. I believe God raised You from the dead and receive You right now as my Lord and Savior. Save me now and help me to live the victorious life in you. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    1GN.ORG Forum Index -> How-To's All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: