Post your how-to requests here

Want to explain How-To do something to make life easier for the next person? Post your detailed instructions here that explain the process you went through to fix, install, or whatever you want. This IS NOT the place to ask how to do something, please ask those questions in one of the other topic specific boards.
APN
1GN Registrant
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:10 pm

Post by APN » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:55 am

How-to: Replacing stock battery wires and recommended brands.
#64
Image
APN wrote:
Jordan2.4 wrote:Apn...please make a new sig with pictures of your car CLEAN...i am tired of looking at the dirt...
That's called chipping paint son. Get some glasses. 8)

r3m4
1GN n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:04 am

Post by r3m4 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:51 pm

r3m4 wrote:Heya all!

I've got one problem and cant find solution in my country (Bosnia & Herzegovina). Maybe someone can help me.

Well, i have Chrysler Neon 2.0, automatic, year 1997, made in Austria, and have only one remote key which is almost dead. I lost second one couple years ago.
I tried to order 2 new original remote keys from Chrysler dealers in Zagreb (Croatia) and Belgrade (Serbia) but they cant make new one coz they haven't chassis number for some models from 1997 and 1998 in database and they cannot make only remote keys. Dealer in Belgrade told me that complete replacing that sh*t will cost me over 1000 euro (over 1300$) and that's too much for 10 years old car.

Is there any possibility to remove complete immobilizer and put simple alarm for unlocking my car, or can i turn it off maybe?
If someone have good solution for me, plz post!

Can someone help me asap, coz very soon i'll not be able to start my car.

Thx a lot, and sorry for my not best english :)
Please guys, i'm sure that someone can help me to find solution for my neon.

I'm still waiting for help :cry:

DMez
1GN Registrant
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Waukesha, WI

Post by DMez » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:41 pm

r3m4 wrote:
r3m4 wrote:Heya all!

I've got one problem and cant find solution in my country (Bosnia & Herzegovina). Maybe someone can help me.

Well, i have Chrysler Neon 2.0, automatic, year 1997, made in Austria, and have only one remote key which is almost dead. I lost second one couple years ago.
I tried to order 2 new original remote keys from Chrysler dealers in Zagreb (Croatia) and Belgrade (Serbia) but they cant make new one coz they haven't chassis number for some models from 1997 and 1998 in database and they cannot make only remote keys. Dealer in Belgrade told me that complete replacing that sh*t will cost me over 1000 euro (over 1300$) and that's too much for 10 years old car.

Is there any possibility to remove complete immobilizer and put simple alarm for unlocking my car, or can i turn it off maybe?
If someone have good solution for me, plz post!

Can someone help me asap, coz very soon i'll not be able to start my car.

Thx a lot, and sorry for my not best english :)
Please guys, i'm sure that someone can help me to find solution for my neon.

I'm still waiting for help :cry:
install your own aftermarket RKE
Excellence is a decision you make every day...

1stGener
1GN Registrant
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:25 pm
Location: Washington Indiana 47501

Post by 1stGener » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:57 pm

Need a good 2.4 swap how to. What adapters and mounts are needed? What do you have to do electronicly to make it work? Any wiring issues?
WANTED to buy, Performance parts for my stock 98 R/T

User avatar
monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:34 am
Location: Findlay, OH

Post by monkeyman9630 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:00 am

not to sound like an ass or .org....but u kno we do have a want to buy section and a engine swap section? if u go there and post your questions you'll either get a response or just by looking there u might find the answers. other than that its a pleasure having u here!
-Lugo-
Image

DMez
1GN Registrant
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Waukesha, WI

Post by DMez » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:56 am

he's also looking for a how-tp, so he's in the right place.
Excellence is a decision you make every day...

User avatar
monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:34 am
Location: Findlay, OH

Post by monkeyman9630 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:08 am

haha sorry missed that first part. my bad
-Lugo-
Image

-ed-
1GN Registrant
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Lexington, KY

Post by -ed- » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:19 pm

DMez wrote:How-To Request:

Removal of Cruise and Removal of A/C
Hey man, I have a video on how to remove that stuff... I'll get it up soon..

User avatar
neonfuzz614
1GN Registrant
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Post by neonfuzz614 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:55 am

i would like to know how to install a short shifter.
Image

User avatar
Lackof
1GN Registrant
Posts: 2599
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Post by Lackof » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:56 am

neonfuzz614 wrote:i would like to know how to install a short shifter.
well that's pretty easy .. buy one then unbolt your shifter and install the sts.

DMez
1GN Registrant
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Waukesha, WI

Post by DMez » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:47 pm

-ed- wrote:
DMez wrote:How-To Request:

Removal of Cruise and Removal of A/C
Hey man, I have a video on how to remove that stuff... I'll get it up soon..
awesome, i'll keep my eye out for it
Excellence is a decision you make every day...

User avatar
chrono_killa
1GN Registrant
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: sacramento, CA

Post by chrono_killa » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:09 am

can i get a how to on a head gasket change
Image
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

User avatar
NinjaneonTurtle
1GN Registrant
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Cape May Court House, NJ

Post by NinjaneonTurtle » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:41 pm

wiring up the torque converter lockup solenoid on an ATX. can't seem to find it anywhere. and if you lose lockup by getting a performance valve body.
1998 Neon R/T Coupe
1988 Colt Hatchback

User avatar
Lackof
1GN Registrant
Posts: 2599
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Post by Lackof » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:03 pm

NinjaneonTurtle wrote:wiring up the torque converter lockup solenoid on an ATX. can't seem to find it anywhere. and if you lose lockup by getting a performance valve body.
http://forum.1gn.org/viewtopic.php?p=9559

Just posted it up for you in the drivetrain section, and no you still have to use the lock up on performance vbs.

DMez
1GN Registrant
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Waukesha, WI

Post by DMez » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:28 pm

Request:

Rotor removal/installation (including pads)

If no one wants to do one quick i'll just go by my haynes and my eyes and make one myself as i go along when i get my parts.
Excellence is a decision you make every day...

Post Reply