does your sunroof jump/bounce up when closing doors?

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
camaroman101
Fresh Fish

does your sunroof jump/bounce up when closing doors?

Post by camaroman101 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:09 am

my sunroof doesnt work(drivers side doesnt seem to want to slide), and i havent had a chance yet to take it apart and check out whats wrong with it.

from the outside it looks its closed, but when the moonroof sliding cover is open and i close the door, the moonroof bounces up from the air pressure. is this right? is it supposed to lock in when closed?

Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant

Re: does your sunroof jump/bounce up when closing doors?

Post by Wolfemancola » Thu May 16, 2013 4:27 am

camaroman101 wrote:my sunroof doesnt work(drivers side doesnt seem to want to slide), and i havent had a chance yet to take it apart and check out whats wrong with it.

from the outside it looks its closed, but when the moonroof sliding cover is open and i close the door, the moonroof bounces up from the air pressure. is this right? is it supposed to lock in when closed?
my new 98' R/T has the same problem and i can move the drivers side part of the sun roof up and down but the passenger side is solid like it should be. on mine the whole thing goes up but only the passenger side trys to slide backwards and then it just jams up and stops. i took the glass off then tried it and all the parts on the passenger side seem to be working fine but the drivers side does nothing, no movement at all. so i found this site that shows how to fix it for about $3 and im going to try it on mine and i hope it fixes it. heres the site: https://sites.google.com/site/neonsunroofrepair/
hope it helps you out!
My car:
1998 Plymouth Neon EX 2-door coupe DOHC 5-speed with Cruise Control
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.

ricker91878
1GN Registrant

Post by ricker91878 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:04 am

They all do it, I ripped the electrical portions out of mine and made it a manual slider. The $3 fix didn't work on mine.
99 2 dr R/T DOHC coupe, all the bells and whistles...

Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant

Post by Wolfemancola » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:10 pm

i finally did the $3 fix on mine and it worked! but it ended up being more like a $15 fix. i modified broken rail arm thing with a steel mirror hanger, then i took the whole sunroof assembly off of the car because my cables were all jammed up and full of dirt, then i removed the cables, used an air compressor and blew the dirt out and soaked them with white lithium grease, then i put the cables back in PROPERLY. i also white lithium greased EVERYTHING that moved. once i put it back to gether it worked! not the quickest job but i'm happy. i fixed it in july and it still opens and closes fine now in november. i took some pics if anyones interested but this forum is so dead that i didn't even bother posting them. let me know if you want the pics.
My car:
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.

Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant

Post by Wolfemancola » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:17 am

qq
My car: